British Sailors seized by Iran.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The 15 hostages talking to the press seems to be becoming more embarrasing/controversal than the whole Iranian kidnapping.

Latest joke to be doing the rounds:-

"15 British servicemen arrested in Iranian waters. 14 guys and 1 girl. It doesn't take a f$*king genius to work out who was reading the map."

The 15 hostages talking to the press seems to be becoming more embarrasing/controversal than the whole Iranian kidnapping.

Latest joke to be doing the rounds:-

"15 British servicemen arrested in Iranian waters. 14 guys and 1 girl. It doesn't take a f$*king genius to work out who was reading the map."

Good chuckle.

Les:

I agree with you that those words would not seem to come from a man that is in the military of a nation who stills move within the inner circle of world powers...but do you think the feeling of that guy is out of line?

Out of line???

No.... Not everyone has an iron will, and obviously this kid bein 20 didnt help matters much, just bein off of mommies tit.... He thought he was gonna die and was scared... Nothing wrong with that, in solitude, but to act all out of control around ur shipmates is wrong... Gotta be strong and give all the support u can...

Not whimper and ask for a hug...

I'm sure there were some whiners in Alexander the Greats Army, Trafalgar and Gettysburg. there just weren't any parasitic press looking for "Good Stories".

Modern soldiers are allowed to be afraid but they need to use good judgement too!

Heres at tip: NEVER TELL ANYONE U WANT A "MUMMY HUG" or it may end up on You Tube!

I agree with you...nothing wrong with missing your mother just save the weeping until reaching a more private or intimate moment.

I think these situations are very likely to become the common thing; what percentage of any army is comprised by guys either in their late teens/early 20s? No less than 80% of the Russian army guys fighting in Chechnya as we speak here belong into this age group: fresh meat.

Just curious Primus, can you say how old were you the first time you were sent into action? I have no clue regarding ages for allowance into a branch such as the Navy SEALS.

Dont take me wrong, what that guy said was outright stupid with the mummy hug but I think emotions are okay. I cried when I said goodbye to my wife when we shipped out to Iraq. I felt no shame it in either. However I did not cry like a 5 year old does when they dont get what they want. I just shed a few tears and got on the bus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back