Britons tire of cruel, vulgar US: poll

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WOW!!! Haven't seen the place since 1988 - it hasn't changed much. I remember when the Eurocopter plant was built. Are they still operating there?

Thanks for the pics - brings back a lot of memories!

pbfoot said:
actually the US is rather low on the amount per person just ahead of Portugal in 21st place and a full 30% of US foreign aid goes to Israel which puts Israel at 9th place on the welfare list just a little ahead of Ethiopia
The US and Foreign Aid Assistance - Global Issues

That does not include money, physical items or volunteer time to many charitable organizations at a neighborhood or city level.

The US is VERY charitable at the personal and lcoal level.

syscom3 said:
See that proves at least a majority of Brtions have no idea of the US except for what theyre told by the their govt sponsored and leftist leaning news organs and what they see in the movies.

When Americans like you syscom3 start to open there minds and learn more about the outside world, I am sure they will do the same...

Stop being a frickin hypocrit.

All this fighting with you makes me look like I hate the US when I love the ****ing US and even ****ing serve it.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
When Americans like you syscom3 start to open there minds and learn more about the outside world, I am sure they will do the same...

Ive been to enough places around the world and met enough of the "natives" to know what I'm talking about.

syscom3 said:
Ive been to enough places around the world and met enough of the "natives" to know what I'm talking about.

Stop lying to yourself syscom. You dont know ****. When you go and live among the people then you can open your fricken pie hole! I am really sick of you now!

You have not met crap, you have not lived crap. Get a life!

I am actually finished with this conversation now, because I am sick of your hypocritcal ways. At first I thought you were just doing this to make for interesting talking but I have figured you and your agenda out.

FLYBOYJ said:
WOW!!! Haven't seen the place since 1988 - it hasn't changed much. I remember when the Eurocopter plant was built. Are they still operating there?

Thanks for the pics - brings back a lot of memories!
yeah they sure are don't know what they are but helicopters they are

I'm really lame at helicopters they all look alike to me familiarity breeds contempt as they are around here 24/7 but the last couple I've seen at MBB have been red

Henk said:
So since I have had friends and family over in the US I would say I must say that the Americans are now lazy, know it all and think they own the world. Remember that is how I see them and the way it was told to me, not by one but many, but it is not all of you yanks though.

I say this not to say bad stuff but just how I see it and the way most of us here see it and Bush the son of a b*tch just makes everything worse when he opens his mouth or does something.

Actually, the hours worked by Americans per week is higher than most industrialized nations and the productivity is higher per hour than most industrialized nations. In addition, 95% of all Americans looking for work finds it. How many nations would love to have that statistic. Mix all of this together and you have a powerful economy, not one driven by lazy workers as you and others have claimed. All of this while Bush has been President. Since he initiated his tax reduction program, the U.S. economy had generated a growth of 22 trillion dollars or an amount larger than the entire economy of China. Doesn't sound like Bush makes everything worse does it? It sounds to me that some people are swallowing the bull that the news organizations put out.

syscom3 said:
That does not include money, physical items or volunteer time to many charitable organizations at a neighborhood or city level.

The US is VERY charitable at the personal and lcoal level.
I agree with this, the US has large organizations for charity including huge active church groups. These are never counted in government giving. You might ask Bono what kind of success he had with American charity organizations in his AIDS drive.

When I got my tax break from Bush, I bought some new sofa's for my house I just bought. And they were actually made in a southern California factory.

Bush has my eternal gratitude by understanding that I have the unique ability to decide where my tax rebate goes and not the govt.

And my neighbors undoubtably used their own tax refunds for their own purposes and thats good for them.

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
No the French think everyone is uncultured! :lol:

Man it is going to suck when I go to Paris in August. They hate the Americans and the Germans so I am really screwed being German/American!

:lol:

You right that is going to suck.:( As Robin Williams said about the French,
"If the french had a baseball team everyone would be in left field and noone would be safe.":lol:

Sorry if I pissed any French people on this site off.:|

SpitfireKing said:
You right that is going to suck.:( As Robin Williams said about the French,
"If the french had a baseball team everyone would be in left field and noone would be safe.":lol:

Sorry if I pissed any French people on this site off.:|

:lol:

Oy, I hate to be a nuisance, but I really dislike how some of the other nations seem to stereotype America and her people. This is not to say that some of use don't do the same, and that even fewer fall into the stereotypical catagories. Still, I love my country, and at the same time, I hold deep respect for other cultures. I don't know, maybe I should set up clinics world wide to help overcome the problems that visiting Americans present at times. Its my personal opinion that if you cannot repect the culture, and stay below the decible range of an airliner in public :)D ) , you should not be touring other countries. I greatly appreciate all the sacrafices made by all countries involved in fighting terrorism. It has already been ascertained that I cannot serve actively in the military, so the best thing I can do now is pray for all of the soldiers, whether for consolation for their families, or for their safe return. Anyway, back to the subject at hand, polls work in theory, just like Communism. Emphasis on in theory! With the slants that all of the news networks have today, its a wonder that people can find truths beneath all the loads of garbage. I personally read and watch stories from both Democratic and Republican leaning media sources so I can ascertain the real truth of the matter, despite the fact that I'm staunch Republican and would seem more likely to follow the party blindly. As per the G.W. Bush bashing I would like to refer to the all telling statement that has been especially prevalent in the Bush administration "Damned if you do, damned if you don't." No matter what Bush does, there is always going to be someone that will be unhappy. To say that the current president is doing a good job would be hitting it on the mark. As already mentioned, he and a rare few other leaders in current and past times actually listen to their gut, their friends, and their heart. This comes in stark contrast to many leaders who seemed to have a political motive behind everything they did. Bush isn't perfect, neither is America, but that's is what makes us strong, because we work hard to make up for any failings we might have.

Lastly, does anyone know if most people from Lebannon are extremely devoute in terms of faith? Because if my friend (who our classmates tried to send a letter of recomendation for the papacy when JPII died), then thats where I wanna live, that or a host of other places, inluding many places in the US (preferably cold ones).

MacArther said:
but I really dislike how some of the other nations seem to stereotype America and her people. This is not to say that some of use don't do the same, and that even fewer fall into the stereotypical catagories. Still, I love my country, and at the same time, I hold deep respect for other cultures.

And people from other nations really dislike it when Americans stereotype there nations aswell. It goes both ways my friend. They love there countries as well too and dont appreciate when all of them are thrown into one pot as some people here tend to do (you know who you are).

That is where I run into a real problem. I am German and American. I have lived in both countries, own land in both countries and love both countries with all my heart. I try to defend both countries as much as possible on this forum but sometimes it gets really hard.

I don't think an american living in Lebanon would be my first choice or even 70th it wasn't that long ago a large number of Marines were killed there and lets not forget the USS New Jersey shelling the place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back