Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok, an update on the 55 Chevy. I have been working on it this week along with a 69 Daytona.

Attachments

• IMG_4835 resized 25 legal.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4832 resized 25 legal.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 92
I went back to Kermit yesterday where I took shots of the maintenance facility is located and a friend from the photo club went with me. He grew up in the area around Kermit so he explained a lot of what I was seeing. The facility was mainly used for making sand, which they made by grinding up the sandstone in the area at the base of the mountain. The facility stayed in use up until the early 50s when it was shut down due to the cost. Here are some of the shots I took yesterday.
Picture 1.Taken from inside the loading facility, it's built halfway underground.
Picture 2.Taken from same building looking out at the sand holding silos.
Picture 3.The Machine shop if I'm not mistaken, a lot of concrete bases with multiple hold down 1" studs to hold the machining equipment.
Picture 4.The sand silos from outside.
Picture 5.A loaded coal train headed south.
Picture 6.The south end of the tunnel.

Way to go dude...you finally captured 'The light at the end of the tunnel' !!

Awesome pics as ever mate, keep 'em coming !

Why didn't I check this thread sooner!!!!????

Is the Daytona yours Aaron? I used to dream of owning one. Closest I came was a 73 Charger - along with a 73 Challenger at the same time. Had them for about 5 years.

Oh, and love the pics!!!

Way to go dude...you finally captured 'The light at the end of the tunnel' !!

Awesome pics as ever mate, keep 'em coming !

Thank you Gary, The tunnel it 4,135 lined feet in length. I posted some shots on the Train Pics thread yesterday.

Why didn't I check this thread sooner!!!!????

Is the Daytona yours Aaron? I used to dream of owning one. Closest I came was a 73 Charger - along with a 73 Challenger at the same time. Had them for about 5 years.

Oh, and love the pics!!!

Thank you Chris. And no, I just get to work on them. Sounds like you had a couple of very cool rides to. What engines did they have? Oh, and you can purchase the Daytona. It leaves on the 11th for one of the auctions in Arizona, not Barrette Jackson but one of the other two or three that are going on at the same time. I will try to find out which one.

Excellent shots Aaron, it always amazes me how quickly nature take over disused sights and how quickly some buildings crumble, mind you human kind often takes a hand in the latter.

Thank you Vic. I want to go back because we ran out of light so. I want to try and get into the explosives warehouse and get some shots but it's going to be tough. With all of the trees and underbrush that has grown up in it without the roof on it it's going to be rough.

Users who are viewing this thread