Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You know you're doing well when you get three pages of comments after posting a few pics !!!. As ever, sweet set of shots mate, keep 'em coming

Well, I went to White Top Mountain yesterday with my dad but it was COLD and cloudy. It was 20 F on top of the mountain and you couldn't see very far at all so I went back today but my dad didn't go, so I stopped at the coffee shop in Damascus and was talking with a friend of mine who is in his late 60s and on oxygen. He asked what I had done yesterday and I told him and also told him I was going back today to try and get some photos. He asked if I needed a tour guide and I told him yes. Well we got to talking and I found out that he has served in the Navy as an electronics technician, specifically the encrypted encoders and such. I had a blast listening to his stories. Some sad some humorous. He drives a shuttle van for one of the bike rental businesses in Damascus now and had some funny stories to tell about that to. All in all a very good weekend. Oh and it was in the 30s today. Here are some shots from both days. Today's is a panoramic. I hope it's not to big, I cut it down to 10% of it's original size. Your looking south towards North Carolina and Tennessee.

Attachments

• IMG_4815 White Top resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_4815 White Top resized 25 legal.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4817 White Top resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_4817 White Top resized 25 legal.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 65
  • White Top Mountain Panoramic resized 10 legal.jpg
    White Top Mountain Panoramic resized 10 legal.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Nicely done, Aaron. You guys can have the snow though. :)

Thank you Eric. I had a bit of a time with the pan on the computer but finally got it to work. It is a set of 10 shots and is hand held with very little cropping.

Lovely photo Aaron, panoramic looks great but..............brrrrrr, no snow for me.

Thank you Vic, what nobody likes snow?:lol:

Got plenty of that here. Good ones Aaron.

Thank you Andy. You can send more this way, I want to go back when it's covered in snow and get some shots. The ride up will be a little slow though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back