Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here are some shots from work. The car on the dolly is a 1953 Chevrolet Woody Wagon. The 1969 Camaro is in for some collision repair. Got hit by a large deer on the driver side.

Attachments

• IMG_0004 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_0004 resized 25 legal.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0008 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_0008 resized 25 legal.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 67
Nice Aaron. Are you guys going to do the wood work? If so, could you show some progress shot if time allows.

Geo

Geo, we are just doing the body and paint work on the wagon. But I will do my best to get photos of it as we progress. It's going back to it's owner so they can put it on the frame and and run all the lines and plumb it. This will give the primer time cure.

Good shots Aaron!

Thanks Hugh.:oops:

Thanks David.:oops:

So stable and powerful shots, Aaron :)

Thank you Shinpachi.:oops:

Change those ugly wheels on that Camaro! ;)

Sorry Jan, this car is already done. We are just repairing the deer damage.:lol:

Oh, and these shots were taken with the new camera using my 50mm lens.

I was going to ask if you used your new camera, nice shots. I guess that deer saw red, the owner really should dump those rims. Just out of curiosity have you ever done a 63 Impala SS?

No Merv, we haven't. That's not to say we won't though. And Geo, the wood on the 53 wagon is painted. They got away from using wood in the 50s for some reason. Sorry I didn't catch that the first time around.

Some of you may have seen a photo of this truck here and there on my FB page. A little over three years ago, a friend of mine purchased this truck from up in New York state. It was a tractor with a fifth wheel plate orginally and had a 361 cubic inch gas engine with a four speed and a Eaton two speed rear axle. The axle was geared high range 6.34:1, low range 7.82:1. After two years of work it now has a Cummins 12 valve P-pump diesel with an Allison 5 speed automatic. Both axles have been change and came from the bus that donated the engine. The rear axle sits on the factory air bags from the bus. Oh, and the tires and new brakes were also from the bus. The wheel base is stock at 89 inches. The bed is hand made, and weighs in at just over one ton. The brakes are air operated and also donated by the bus. Full of fuel the truck weighs in at 10,240 lbs. It's first maiden trip was to Chryslers at Carlile and it towed a 1969 Mod Top Barracuda up there getting 14.5 mpg and got the Celebrity Choice award. Not bad.

Attachments

• IMG_0030 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_0030 resized 25 legal.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0031 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_0031 resized 25 legal.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0038 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_0038 resized 25 legal.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread