Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok. Once more.

IMG_6891 resized 25 Hue corr,again.jpg

Well, it looks more B&W now...

With the blue filter, you're lacking red...which in nature, are your two main color factors, Infra-red and Ultra-violet...

I ran your original through photoshop, and added 75% red to it, and nothing else...

I forget what imaging program you're using, though.

Attachments

• IMG_6891_snowy_barn[75-red].jpg
    IMG_6891_snowy_barn[75-red].jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 69
Hey, I just pushed the red a little, compensating for the high degree of blue...it's your photo, you get to do the actual tweaking! :lol:

I'm on the wrong computer for detailed editing, this monitor isn't set at the right "temp" for good color editing.

I'd say adjust your red to about where I did (about 75% or so) and then maybe bump the blue down just a tad...

You were actually there, so you'd be able to fine-tune the pic better than I could :)

I just didn't realize that it was missing the red. I knew it didn't look rite but couldn't tell what it needed. You saw what it needed and pointed it out. That's what friends are for. :thumbright: Now I can go back and really muck it up.:lol: :lol: :lol: When I went to shoot the train I still had it set at the barn shot settings and kept working with the color scale and ended up half way into the red and two clicks int the purple and that got it to look natural. I shot the barn on the setting that I shot the backyard snow shot last night and didn't change it because I had forgotten. Your advice makes sense. I'm just trying to train myself and keep up with you all's advice.

Last edited:
Practice is what it's all about...and you've been really doing great on the image editing! :thumbleft:

Here's another example of playing with the Red Green Blue. In your streetlamp photo, I did the same thing as with the snowy barn. But this time, I took out all of the red (-100), and bumped the blue up by three quarters (+75) and got this effect...

Attachments

• IMG_6888_streetlight_snow[-100red_75blue].jpg
    IMG_6888_streetlight_snow[-100red_75blue].jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 86
Dave, that's pretty darn close to what it looked like with the naked eye. Coooooooollllll!!!:thumbright:

That's it, Aaron.

I guess the color sensitivity of CCD of digital camera may still lesser than the clasical color film.
Recently I have taken out my old film camera to compare.
Problem is everything - from buying the film to DPE - is much much costy today:(

That's it, Aaron.

I guess the color sensitivity of CCD of digital camera may still lesser than the clasical color film.
Recently I have taken out my old film camera to compare.
Problem is everything - from buying the film to DPE - is much much costy today:(

That is just a very small part of the problem Shinpachi. The Main problem is me not paying attention and using my brain. It is something I have suffered from all my life.:lol: :lol: I don't know that I would have gotten into photography if I had to deal with having to constantly purchase film due to the costliness of it. I worked for a studio photographer for a couple of years and had a lot of fun. I hope you have a blessed holiday season.

Oh, Aaron. You are always so humble and try to understand things positively.
That part is also what I have to learn from you.
Wishing you a blessed holiday season too.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you Shinpachi and Merry Christmas to you also!! I was out shooting trains today(ssshhhhhh, don't tell anyone, I might get in trouble:lol:), and found this abandon church. This was as close as I could get to it. The bank of snow is the RR bed and on this side of the tracks is a small river.
IMG_6936 resized 25.jpg

Thats a great photo Aaron. Back when our Appalachian kin may not have a school for miles but there was a good chance each little community would have one (or more) small churches.
Thanks for posting and Merry Christmas, friend!
Derek

A very poetic shot, Aaron.
I love it.
Thank you Shinpachi.:oops:
Thats a great photo Aaron. Back when our Appalachian kin may not have a school for miles but there was a good chance each little community would have one (or more) small churches.
Thanks for posting and Merry Christmas, friend!
Derek

Thank you Derek, I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back