Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Fantastic shots there Aaron, WW, so much white, and no yellow spots
Thank you Ontos. There was one spot of yellow though.
Man, the big antennas take me back about 20 years. Not sure on the dome, but the "donkey dicks" on the towers are UHF antennas. I replaced a few myself back in the old days.
Dave said the dome is a Microwave antenna. I don't want to be around when it starts transmitting.
Great shots Aaron!

Thank you Gnomey.

Hi, Aaron
You always introduce us the beauty and the greatness of the nature of your town as they are.
It is awesome.

The brilliant snow field reminds me of my old home town.
Thanks!

Great photos Aaron, normally I'd say ''wow beautiful'' but after all we've had it's ,''ah, snow''. Great photos all the same, and I must admit I've not seen much snow that untouched and unspoiled which does make it rather more appealing.

Last edited:
Hey Aaron, you have an airport nearby?

The techs here at work looked at the site photos, and said that it looks like a DF'ing array (the microwave "tepee" and corresponding antennas in a circle around it)
That's what one of my pilot buddies told me yesterday when he saw the shot. He didn't realize that there was one this close. There are several airports in the area that are set up for this but the FAA wont turn them on because they say there is not enough air traffic in the area to justify there use so this beacon may not be in operation.
Great shots Aaron, haven't seen that much snow in decades, it's kind of calm and serene
Thank you Vic, it was REAL quiet. I was the only one up there for four hours and the only noise was my jeep and my shutter.

Great photos Aaron, normally I'd say ''wow beautiful'' but after all we've had it's ,''ah, snow''. Great photos all the same, and I must admit I've not seen much snow that untouched and unspoiled which does make it rather more appealing.
Thank you Loiner.

"Way cool, dude "

Aaron, that is a particularly good set of pics, crisp colours, good 'setting' and of the sort that you should sell to the Calendar firms. Very classy mate, well done.

P.S hoorah...the ruddy snow has finally melted here...can get back to normal now !!!

Thank you Gary, very much. We still have have some on the ground here to, especially in the higher elevations. I went out today to try and get some train pics but didn't see any so I went to the Sandy Ridge Tunnel on the old Clinchfield line but couldn't find my way to the north end of the tunnel. The south end is too confined for comfort. Again, thank you for the compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread