Brooks' Photos (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice shots Aaron.

You obviously dont need a license to go shooting barns in Abingdon !

You must have quite a sizeable database of barn shots. Silly question, is there a sort of 'standard' design for barns for each region / State....you know the sort of stuff, like the 'tilt' of the roof and is a single angle or two ?.

Gary, I think the roof type had to do more with the time it was built but I'm not sure. Around here you see three major styles, A, Dutch, and flat. I did get one more today with a add on the side of it. The car in the other two shots is a 1967 Impala fastback with a 396 cubic inch motor and a four speed. I had just shot the base coat on it in these shots. I have since put four coats of clear on it.

I love the old bars with the advertisements on the side too, especially when they are worn like that one. That Impala looks great. Even better than what happens out here with them getting copped and lowered, then hydraulic shocks, etc. Those old sleds should never get lowered.

Thank you guys. I was suppose to finish shooting the clear on the hood and deck lid of the Impala today but got drafted into another job in Piney Flats today. So hopefully tomorrow I can get it done. The boss is taking his wife to Nashville for here birthday. Maybe by Thursday of next week it will be buffed and shiny. The lighting in the barn shot was a little tough.

That barn shot rocks!

A side benefit of taking pictures of those old building that have old advertising on them, is that there's now a sort of record of the vintage advertising that will remain long after it's faded and gone (or the building falls apart)...

So true Dave, there is another one not to far from this barn that has a add on it also. If I ever get a chance to swing by it I will definitely get a shot of it also.
Merv, you keep saying that. You need to get it in gear and go man.

Another great barn shot there Aaron. I love the Chevy, I bought one of those when I just got out of the service, it was blue with a black vinyl top. I'll have to dig up a picture of it.

Decided to get out today for a little while and find some roads I had not been down and this is what I found. Please enjoy.
My ISO was WAY to high for the second shot, don't know what happened to make it that way but I didn't notice it until after I was gone from that area.

Users who are viewing this thread