Brooks' Photos (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank you folks.:oops: I was working in the shop today and heard a plane fly over (not unusual for the airport is only a mile away) but this one was a large turbo prop directly over the shop. I figured it was in the process of landing so I thought nothing of it. Well it passed again, directly over the shop so I jumped up grabbed my camera and took off out the door. The third pass was not directly over the shop but between the shop and the sun.:banghead: Oh well.
And I apologize for the dirt in the lens. I just don't have enough to get them cleaned right now. And I did spot repair them to get the majority of the dirt out.:oops:
IMG_1264 cleaned and adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1265 cleaned and adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1269 cleaned and adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1271 adjusted cleaned resized 25 legal.jpg

Zoomed in phot's of a plane passing overhead...hmmm....This is where this thread started a long time ago !, and look how things have progressed !. Nice capture on the C-130J

A while back I ordered some things with a gift certificate I got over Christmas. One of the pieces that I ordered was a wide angle macro lens attachment and being that I've been couped up for the last few days I decided to play with it in the house some. Advice and opinions welcome.

IMG_1275 resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1276 resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1277 resized 25 legal.jpg

Congrats with the new lens, Aaron. ;) :thumbleft: :thumbright:
I can recommend using some source of light on the objects that you shoot with the new "baby", so that the camera can focus better and you'll get some neat sharp macro shots. And look out for the shadow from the lens, if you're using a light/lamp - that has ruined more than one macro shot for me. ;) :D
Other than that, I'll just say that I'm hoping to see some nice macro shots of your model builds in the future. ;)

Congrats with the new lens, Aaron. ;) :thumbleft: :thumbright:
I can recommend using some source of light on the objects that you shoot with the new "baby", so that the camera can focus better and you'll get some neat sharp macro shots. And look out for the shadow from the lens, if you're using a light/lamp - that has ruined more than one macro shot for me. ;) :D
Other than that, I'll just say that I'm hoping to see some nice macro shots of your model builds in the future. ;)

Thank you for the advice, and I will certainly use it. That is if I can remember it.:lol: I suffer from a terminal case of CRS.:lol: Oh, and I have used it on the A-20 that I'm building. The cockpit shots if I remember correctly.:scratch:

Thank you Shinpachi, I am glad you liked them. With a little more practice, I think I can do a little better.:)
I went up to Bear lake in the Mount Rogers National Forest today and took some photos. I also got stuck in a foot of snow and it took me about an hour to dig my self free. There was about 3" of ice with 8 or 9" of snow on top of it further up the mountain. And me not having any phone service :banghead: Anyway, I made it back and got some decent shots to.

IMG_1292  Bear Lake resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1296 Bear Lake resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1308 Bear Lake resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1312 Bear Lake resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1319 Bear Lake resized 25 legal.jpg

Nice shots Aaron! Always fun getting stuck in the snow, thankfully avoided it though for the most part this winter, pulled my brother out of a drift though but then he thought it would be fun to try and drive through it which ended with the inevitable...

Nice shots Aaron! Always fun getting stuck in the snow, thankfully avoided it though for the most part this winter, pulled my brother out of a drift though but then he thought it would be fun to try and drive through it which ended with the inevitable...

Thank you Hugh.:oops: Getting stuck in the snow is fun when you have folks around to help out but I was alone and there were not but about eight other folks in the park and they were not up as high as I had gone. It was dumb on my part.:rolleyes: If I had known the surface situation I would not have attempted it. :oops: All in all I had fun though and made it out safe.:)

Great shots Aaron :thumbright:

Thank you Glenn.:oops:

Nice work again, Aaron:)

Thank you Shinpachi. :) I seem to have lost some of the sharp quality of some of my previous material though. Maybe being laid up for a week had something to do with it.:dontknow:

Last edited:
You guys remember the 67' Impala? Well, here it is, sanded, buffed, and all but assembled. Aside from My fathers pickup, this is actually only the second car I have ever painted. The boss did supervise but for the most part this was paint job's got my name on it to.

IMG_1322 resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1323 resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1329 resized 25.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back