Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I recommend members to download his photos to enjoy them with original size of 1068x712 pixels.
They are amazing photos of excellent quality:shock:

Thank you Shinpachi.:oops:
Been a while since I've seen a Caprice wagon. I think the top of the line model of the Impala bodies were the Kingswood Estate wagons...fully loaded and man those things could move!

What BB is under the hood, Aaron...396, 427 or 454?

Dave, I think this is just the base model wagon. Not a lot of trim, no luggage rack, nor gauge package. I does have the 396. I think this one has been breathed on just a little. She's quite crisp.:) I just think it's COOL!!! :cool:
Nice shots Aaron! What's the plan for her?

Hugh, we are just spotting in some paint damage and a small repair in the left quarter panel. It is going to a auction in Indianapolis, Indiana in a few weeks.:cool:

I had a neat surprise today. A P-3 Orion flew over the shop. Talk about outta place.:lol:

IMG_1412 adjusted cleaned resized 25 legal.jpg

The car is really solid. No rattles and everything is in working order but as to what it will bring, your guess is as good as mine with the economy in the shape that it's in.
Thank you Shinpachi.:oops:

I have been gone for almost two days. Reason you ask. I got to work yesterday morning and had been working on the station wagon when my phone rang and I was told I needed to pack my bags for a small trip. Me being in need of finishing my El Camino politely declined. I got another call from the boss and was told I was going, soooooooooo. I went home, packed my bag and camera :) and we all went to VIR. ( Virginia International Raceway) for a day of thrashing cars around there 3.27 mile road course. I did not take very many photos (59) for I spent most of the time riding shotgun in a 1969 SS Chevelle. So needless to say I had a blast. The Chevelle is the one we built back in 2001. It has been in Popular Hot Rodding, Car Craft, and Chevy Rumble. There were several cars there that were capable of speeds in excess of 170 mph. We saw 140 mph several times on the back stretch. Sorry I'll quit so you all can do something else. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1424 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1424 resized 25 legal.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1423 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1423 resized 25 legal.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1450 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1450 resized 25 legal.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1443 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1443 resized 25 legal.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Very cool Chevelle Aaron, I bet it was a blast!! A buddy of mine had a '66 back when we were in collage in the mid '80s and boy did we get the looks when we were driving around in it!

Thanks guys, I had way to much fun. Doc use to race the AMA motorcycle circuit years ago. He is probably the smoothest driver I have ever ridden with. Most of the time you don't even know he has shifted gears whether it be up or down. The car probably weighs 4,200 pounds and has somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 horse power. At Thunder Valley Dragstrip the car did a best of 12.61 seconds @ 118 mph so it is no slouch.:)

I finally got the El Camino of mine painted. I still have to do the little pieces and the hood which will be flat black. I should have them done Saturday and get started back together with it. The color is a 1986 Chevrolet color, Gunmetal. The shots in the paint booth are what it looked like Tuesday after the first coats of clear were sanded.

Attachments

• IMG_1491adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1491adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1492 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1492 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1486 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1486 resized 25 legal.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1484 resized 25 legal.jpg
    IMG_1484 resized 25 legal.jpg