Brooks' Photos

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Lucky, there is a barn not far from here with a Jaguar MK 140 in it just deteriorating away. Thank you Eric, I have been trying really hard to keep the camera as level as possible. It would be a very simple fix to have a level built in when they made the camera. Don't know why they don't do that.:lol:

Nice shot, Aaron...that countryside is really scenic!

I would like to roam all old barns/buildings if I had the chance, I've discovered some really cool stuff over the years in 'em.

There was an old barn over near a small town west of here, that was being demolished by a customer of ours. Inside, he found 2 complete Indian motorcycles, 1 Harley Davidson and a bunch of parts that were all wartime vintage - all had been sitting for unknown decades rusting away. The folks that were having the barn torn down said he could have them and anything else he found, as they didn't care...just wanted the land cleared to build some houses...

Wow!! Talk about a find! I've heard a lot stories like that but never been lucky enough to make a find like that. Oh and thanks Dave. And I was looking back through some of my old shots and found these from last years Lonesome Pine show of Bryon leaving. Notice the moisture flowing off the prop in the first shot. You can just barely see it at the bottom of the prop in the second shot.

IMG_6198 resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_6209 resized 25 cropped legal.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, Aaron, check your local photo stores (or Google), they make bubble levelers that attach to the camera's flash shoe. I've found that the leveler built in to the tripod doesn't take into account the swiveling of the head, so if you snap one of these guys on, you're guaranteed to get the camera level. That being said....I probably should use mine more often. :oops: Great pics, as always!

Amazon.com: Kalt 2-Axis Spirit Bubble Level - Flash Shoe Mount: Camera Photo

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It actually sticks up from the top of the camera, like an external flash would. The times I've used it, for landscapes/sunsets, I will set up the tripod, then put the camera on, pop on the bubble, make necessary adjustments, then pop it off and put it back in my pocket or bag. I don't have an external flash, so I could just leave it on for the duration of the shoot...did that once, and forgot to take it off. The bag didn't close as well with it on, though!

The one below is just a quick Google-search grab....the one I have isn't quite as wide, its only about as wide as the flash mount itself, so the built-in flash had no trouble popping up with the leveler on.

Attachments

• 22_cube_level.jpg
    22_cube_level.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 87
Thank you for the info and the link RA!:thumbright: I will definitely check it out. It would be useful in some situations. Others, you may loose your shot. With all of the technology out there today it seems like they could dial it into the viewfinder like they do the F-Stop meter. I went out today in the snow and got some more barns. The snow kinda hindered some of the shots.

IMG_1151 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1153 resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1158 resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1160 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1163 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg

IMG_1165 adjusted resized 25 legal.jpg

Those old houses are awesome!

Makes you wonder (especially this time of year) what went on in them...births, deaths, holiday celebrations and the day to day events that make up a lifetime.

If those old walls could only talk...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back