Build of another Lancaster !!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Great looking build!!

Watched a great show on the Lanc on the Hitler Channel (er, sorry, that's HISTORY Channel, all evidence to the contrary...) last night.

Darryl

Well guys i've painted the whole underneath in Humbrol gloss 69 yellow, i don't think we'll ever know the true colour is, so thats what i've done it in :!: I was also told that the Matchbox nose blister i put on didn't have the two round circles on the nose of the blister so i 'popped' the nose off and sanded them off and polished up the nose.

I'll be leaving it for a few days while the yellow cures then i'll be adding a few red lines underneath and other detail parts.

prototype2009.gif

I painted the bottom of the model in matt white before i gave two coats of gloss H69 yellow.

prototype2005.gif

The inside of the wheel well doors had massive mould lumps and i had to trim and sand these off.

prototype2006.gif

Polished nose looks as good as new :oops:

prototype2008.gif

Di-pole aerial is just made from stetched sprue, it looks better painted and i'll be drilling the fuselage to mount the aerial in. :rolleyes:

prototype2007.gif

Air speed head is made from an old 'Frog' whitley undercarriage and the trailing aerial is a carved bit of wood.

ian.

Nice work Ian, it's looking great. BTW, those two circles on the bomb-aimers blister were infra red ID lamps, fitted to the enlarged blister on Lancs from early 1944, and were part of the ID system later used with the AGLT rear turrets, IIRC.

Just a quick note that i've finished the old bird and will be taking some pictures of the old gal' tomorrow :shock: not bad for a 1960ish model :oops:

Hope you guys had a laugh at this build of a proper oldie kit, I don't think i'll be making another Airfix MK1 Lanc' what a kit that was ! infact i think it was developed by 'Cavemen' :lol::lol:

It will be in the completed models section.

ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back