Building a B-17 Simulator

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sounds like fun. To bad you cannot add the gunners.

DBII

actually he can and bombs to for that matter in the fs2004 carrier ops add-on most of the planes had guns bombs or torps

hi Geewiz

This company is starting to make high quality, heavy duty replica flight controls. B17 may be a way off, but there may be some opportunities for cooperation here...

TARMAC ACES | By simmers, for simmers

I assume Geewiz you're UK based? I'm East Anglia UK, so if there's anything I can do to help (have some museum connections) I also have a full B17 Pilot manual kicking around the house somehwere if thats of any use.

Cheers

Bubi

This guy really out-did himself with this built from scratch B-17 cockpit. It's a work of art.

littleton-3.jpg

This guy really out-did himself with this built from scratch B-17 cockpit. It's a work of art.

littleton-3.jpg

Yes, I've seen this before. I try not to advertise it...really puts my little simpit to shame! :)

It is an amazing piece of work, isn't it!

Hi Geewiz,

Your work on your simpit is amazing. I really love the B-17, it started when i saw the "memphis belle" movie when i was a kid.
My dream is to build a simpit like your. I wonder, how did you manage with the three screens to have the sides on the left and right screens ? Did you use one or more computers ? Thanks for your informations!!!

love both the b17 set ups, I use to live not 15miles from Deenethorpe, the peri tracks a bit bumpy in a jeep nowadays....

love both the b17 set ups, I use to live not 15miles from Deenethorpe, the peri tracks a bit bumpy in a jeep nowadays....

Hi Mat and welcome aboard. You should do a thread on your project !

As for the '17 sim's, one word...wow !. Great to see that there are guys out there with the interest. Lets have some more updates ?!

Dear Sir,

Did you ever build the throttle quadrant mentioned in your post? I have a panel and want a throttle quadrant for my display.

Thanks,
Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back