Buy your own Su-27

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
Pride Aircraft: Sukhoi SU-27 Flankers for Sale

Su27-Night-Ramp-800.jpg

Pride Aircraft is very pleased to announce the availability of the first and only pair of privately-owned, airworthy Sukhoi Su-27 Flankers in the world. Both are two-seat 'UB' models (NATO Code Flanker-C) with full flight instrumentation and controls in both cockpits.

These aircraft eclipse every other jet warbird in performance, technological sophistication, and "wow-factor." There simply is no comparison with any other aircraft you can own. They're here in the USA now, and will be flying soon.

Both aircraft have freshly-overhauled (zero-time) airframes with zero-time engines, and have just completed extensive inspections and Westernization by skilled factory technicians. All cockpit markings have been relabeled in English. The aircraft have full IFR U.S. instrumentation and avionics, but retain every bit of character, pedigree, and performance they had in foreign military service.

Now, a few words about these aircraft. For quite some time, there have been rumors and whispers about these aircraft. We even released some photos of them as they arrived in the USA. This led to much speculation and incorrect reports by aviation press sources.

The aircraft arrived here in a completely de-militarized condition -- all weapons systems and military-related hardware had been previously removed, in full compliance with U.S. and Ukranian laws.

They were not brought here for any military purpose. They were brought here to be privately-owned and operated -- just like every other jet "warbird" in America. Because of the freedoms we enjoy here (as aircraft enthusiasts and "warbird" owners in the U.S. and elsewhere are keenly aware), private individuals and/or aircraft museums have the opportunity to collect and operate almost any sport aircraft they desire.

The Su-27 Flanker, while at first glance a serious piece of hardware (and it is!), is a 4th Generation fighter. It was designed beginning in 1972, and the first prototype flew in 1977. It entered service over 25 years ago, in the mid-1980s. Its abilities are widely known, and variants of it have participated in numerous U.S. military exercises against F-15s, F-16s, F-14s, and F/A-18s.

However, the new 5th Generation F-22 Raptor, and other aircraft now appearing on the scene, have rendered any discussion of "cutting-edge" fighter technology completely superfluous. It may seem harsh to say it, but because the Su-27 and aircraft of its generation are now becoming sport aircraft (warbirds) in the U.S., this is evidence that that technological improvements in fighter aircraft have continued to advance far beyond what was once considered "high-tech" and "leading edge." This is definitely not an indictment of the lovely Sukhoi Su-27. It is, and will remain, an extraordinary aircraft with superior performance. But it is now available to private individuals precisely because of these rapid advancements. We fly them for sport because we can.

Pride Aircraft is very pleased to be the only place you can get one (or two!) We look forward to hearing from qualified buyers.

Wonder how long it will be before these are sticking out of the ground like lawndarts, that is if anyone can even afford them.

Then we all can be crew on it! F*ck it, I want one myself! I wonder, would toss in a MiG 21 too? :oops:
Come here, the romanian air force does have some Mig 21 that they no longer use...as if they ever did :lol:. If you have enough money I'm pretty sure they'll sell you one :).

I know some folks who work for Pride and they do excellent work. I love working on L-39s that they imported and put together - top notch. No doubt these aircraft will be in great shape.

If I were a dictator with oil money(or Bill Gates etc), I'd never fly in anything else again.

If you have the money, you never have the time. It'll spend most of it's time in a hanger collecting dust. Probably get about 30 hours a year, max, of flight time. Would be a big toy.

Might as well get an L39. Does the same stuff, cheaper. Probably easier to fly too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back