Cant Locate Skin for Bf 109G-10 of JG301...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ive searched and searched for a skin of ANY Bf 109 of JG301, let alone the G-10 that I need for my newest video project, and I havent found sh!t....

Anyone have one or know where to get it??? I dont want to have to resort to using JG300 skins...... Will make my mission historically innaccurate...

Roman as far as I am aware Willi never flew a G-14, G-6's yes........

look to see when his gruppe in JG 302 became III./JG 301.

you want a skin Dan or a photo ?

Hi seesul, that's one of the links I had found searching, the one I had posted however, was a JG301 skin of a Ta152 (2./JG301, if I remember right). I had forgotten he was looking for a Bf109G-10, which appears to be freakin' rare...lol

Eric, the skins are for the IL-2 Sturmovik combat sim, and if push comes to shove, I'll just make one if we can find some good artwork of the airplane(s) he needs for his mission.

here ya go then, the horizontal fuselage bar is blue

someone is paying big bucks for this crap image right now on eban ........ I've got others but will not share as they are for something quite special

Attachments

• AV66B.jpg
    AV66B.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 243
Guys, a reminder, we're looking for a pic or IL2 Sturmovik skin of a Bf 109G-10 from IV./JG301, which had the yellow and red fuselage band....

And for the sake of reason, I have to skin approximatly 20 aircraft... I could use just one skin as long as it didnt have a colored staffel number...

Ghost, since ur talents are obviously far beyond what I possess, if u were to make up a skin, or even 2 so I could stagger them in each flight, I would forever be indebted to u man...

The realism in this one is very important to this project.... Since Ive never made a skin, I dont honestly know whats involved for u....

you picked the right man for that project bud, he is the best that I have seen and will accept nothing but the best that he can produce.

No pressure GrauGeist, hahahaha

Well...thanks for the vote of confidence, RB...but this is turning out to be an interesting challenge.

And I've learned a few things so far:

1) There are more images of the Ta-152 and Fw190 of JG301 than the Bf109G-10...well, actually...see number 2 below.

2) There are no color images of ANY Bf109G-10 a/c from 1945 in JG301 schemes, and trust me, I've been looking.

3) The majority of camouflage/color schemes of similiar aircraft I've looked at for reference seem to vary between artists...(ran into this before though)

4) IV./JG301 was created from II./JG7 around late November '44 at Gardelegen.

5) The "void" file for the Bf109G-10 is terrible, almost worse than the He111 file was...I want to say hideous, but I'm being nice...I hate being nice, really.

And last, and most important:
The %^$# telephone seems to ring more often when your trying to concentrate than it does when your trying to take a nap...

So...what I am going to do, is create skins based on IV./JG301's Fw190/Ta-152 schemes from the mission's time period (late February/early March). I'm going to attempt that based on the ideal that the supplies and materials were procured under the same order, and dispersed amongst the various support units under Stab./JG301's control.

This would mean that the paints and application should be similiar, even though that late in the war, there wasn't a whole lot of uniformity and the exact RLM colors used weren't as controlled as in 1943, for instance.

So with that in mind, I'll put together a test skin and post the screenshot here for the experts to critique, and tell me if I'm headed in the right direction.

*Also* Erich, you mentioned a blue horizontal fuselage bar, yet I haven't seen anything like that on other units of JG301...was that marking unique to IV Gruppe? If so, what shade was it, and do you have any colored images of any of IV Gruppen's aircraft?

Thanks alot Ghost, I appreciate the hard and dedicated work....

I too have been looking for reference materials for this, and have come up empty as well... Im not sure where the aircraft came from to outfit IV./JG301, but all the pilots were fresh from conversion training where they flew the He177 with KG77....

If there was a way to find out where the kites came from, it might help explain how their camo jobs were done up....

OK, found something that might help.... From the SIMHQ Board.... Posted by LLv34_Doc_1

JG301_expected4.jpg

109G10.jpg

You know all usual markings to indicate the groups in Luftwaffe:

I groups +
II group + -
III group + I
IV groups + ~

Only here, in the book of Willi Reschke (3) one discovers p 232 Bf 109G-10 "1 red?" IV./JG301 with a not outlined horizontal bar which however dissociates bands of fuselages red yellow all, while not being neither white nor black!

One remembers the only photograph then showing the operational Ta 152 in Alteno. It is known that before to be gathered to GeschwaderStab they were delivered only to the III./JG 301. And yet they carry also a horizontal bar, probably yellow.

I push research and discovers (3 4) that Fw 190 of R.Kleinstück of the 2./JG301 carries a white horizontal bar, and (3) that Ta 152 of Reschke (13 black?) pictured after it was transferred to GeschwaderStab carries also a horizontal bar which is neither red, yellow, white, nor black.

Finally this horizontal bar, sight on practically all the planes of the JG301 also carrying the yellow red fuselage band, should be either black or of the color of Staffel but is not it curiously often: Fw 190D-9 "12 white" (6) and A-8 "21 white" (2) with a red bar, Fw 190A "20 green" (1) and "8 yellow" (5) with a white bar...

The conclusion of all this, is that at least as long as the JG 301 comprised 4 groups of hunting, therefore from December 44 to Mars/Avril 1945, they were all marked of a horizontal bar of a color specific to each group:

I first thought for an identical order of color has that of Staffeln was:

GeschwaderStab: + - (green bar)
I groups + - (white bar)
II group + - (red bar)
III group + - (yellow bar)
IV group + - (blue bar)

But I have just discovered that the Ta 152 restored with the NASM (7) carries a blue bar, therefore finally the marks of group were:

GeschwaderStab./JG 301 + - (blue bar)
I./JG 301 + - (white bar)
II./JG 301 + - (red bar)
III./JG 301 + - (yellow bar)
IV./JG 301 + - (green bar)

As quoted above, I found the pic in Willi's book on page 232.... The colors of camo on the pic above differ from the pic in Willi's book tho.... If u have the book Ghost, it could really be what we're lookin for....

Hope this helps..

Dan the doc is incorrect, it is a blue bar for IVth gruppe, green bar a funny green it is for Geschwader stab which Auffhammer created, he actually tur5ned III. gruppe bar green from the yellow when he pulled the III. gruppe tanks to Geschwaderstab.

make sense ?

probably not

Alright...tons of good stuff to work with there...I think I can get rolling with that info, and no, unfortunately, I don't thave that book. :(

No probelm however, we're gonna make this happen.

As for the void, it's fixable!

I've had to deal with a few before, most notably the Ju87G and He111H-6, so this'll be like old times...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back