Cant Locate Skin for Bf 109G-10 of JG301...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ok, this is a test...seriously...

What I'm doing, is setting up the band colors and placement, along with the blue bar.

I am using skins that fit the camo scheme from that time period, and I'll be able to overlay the bands that look more authentic as soon as I create a panel/rivets layer the sit over the band layer...but this will give you an idea of where I'm at so far...

Attachments

• 4JG301_test.jpg
    4JG301_test.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 77
Lookin pretty fu*kin good so far man... We need Erich to confirm the coloration of the Gruppe bar....

Please Ghost, dont bust ur balls on this one, remember its just a support aircraft in this show.... They get jumped by the 78th FG and basically get anilhilated, hopefully with their drop tanks still on...

Thanks Erich, that band bar are in an unweathered/riveted state, so they'll tend to show brighter at this point.

When I get home from work tonight, I'll post a screenshot of the finished prouct for final approval.

I'm actually using existing period skins for this project so we can get the '109 skins ready for Les' project ASAP.

Ive got the mission put together and pretty much completed now.... Ive never made an airfield so detailed before.....

Tried flying it a few times and lost my ass 2 out of 3 times, one a glorious flaming bullet ridden crate, the other I lost aileron control and tried to bail out at 500 meters....... The mission is insane guys, frickin planes and bullets flyin everywhere, from 34k down to the deck....

The third try I got me 4 mustangs and 2 B-17's.... I feel sorry for those guys in the 503rdFS/339thFG...

As soon as I get that skin and void file Ghost, we can get down to it....

The bands have been weathered, and the bar's width reduced and muted...

If this is a go, I can startmaking a few...

BTW, we aren't going to worry about the void file, I'm using existing skins...it would take just too long to make some up from scratch...if I had more time, it would be do-able...but this is the fast, fun and simple method to getting the skins into action :lol:

Attachments

• 4JG301_test2.jpg
    4JG301_test2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 60
Looks damn good to me man, I think the colors are on the money... Ive never flown a mission with so many aircraft on the map... Im impressed my comp can run it, all on excellent video settings....

Roman, I havent heard anything from Swede... Its really not good that u havent either....

Grau did you see the pic I posted earlier maybe on this thread ? you can see that the blue bar is really super thin running the length of the two reich bands

skin looks very clean

ok, I went to the B&W wreck photo you posted, Erich, and saw there is a huge difference.

So the modification should reflect the bar's required width now...

I did see that the bar terminated just at the margins of the band. I have also seen this on a number of others, and then some bars actually terminate at the absolute borders of the bands...was there a RLM standard for the bar's width, or was it a "paint it on and make it close" kind of deal?

Attachments

• 4JG301_Yellow12.jpg
    4JG301_Yellow12.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 73
Grau G

Jg 301 did literally there own thing compared to other Reich defense units that did come under scruitiny. part of the idea behind having as many a/c from the Jg to have a second gruppe bar was to throw off Allied intel

your blue bar looks right on the monies now

if you note my avatar showing a 4th staffel crate it should have a lateral white bar, but does not have one at all. not all Dora-9's from II. gruppe had a red bar or any bar. III. gruppe was suppose to have a lateral yellow bar, some did, many did not the same went for the last of the Dora 9's equipped in the Gruppe, some pics do suggest the yellow bar in place.

Thanks for your help, Erich!

I have a number of skins coming down the pike, I just keep having an issue with the red/yellow band when I convert it to a 256 color .BMP file...the yellow bleeds real bad. I was using RLM27 (hex: 252 321 103) for the yellow, but it was appearing to bright. As soon as I muted it, it went haywire...

I think I have a handle on it now though, and I'm back into the editor to see if I got it whipped.

In the mean time, here's a test screen of IV./JG301...

(The aircraft in the foreground is a recent replacement to the unit, the groundcrew hasn't camouflaged it yet...lol)

Attachments

• test_flight2.jpg
    test_flight2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 85
LOL, excellent work Dave.... Thanks for taking the time to help me solve this crisis hehe... Thanks for the help as well Erich...

I will get these skins plugged intot he mission after work this evening and post a couple of screenies in my other thread about 2nd Mar 1945........

I plugged em into my folders and opened the game real quick to get an accurate eyeball on em... They look great man...

If I could ask u for alittle something else, could u please add numerals on the other 4 like Gelb 12??? For the realism, theres gotta be numerals on em, as the game will add the white numerals, but also the German Cross.....

Maybe 2 of the 4 add Yellow numerals, one with the Gruppe commanders markings and one with White 23????? Other than that, theyre perfect...

Thanks Chocks Away...These are just mods, so I really can't take much credit for 'em... :lol:

I find it really interesting that as well documented as World War II was, there are huge holes in the historical data, such as the lack documentation (photos, etc) of an entire Gruppen.

I'm really glad we weren't dealing with any of the crates from 10./JG301!!

And for the Staffel markings, I have the imaging program loaded up as I post this... (it helps having more than one computer...lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back