CLASSIC AIRFRAMES 1/48th BLENHEIM BUILD (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

well i had a PM yesterday about the props being too long and strike the nose :shock: , well i fitted them today and guess what they do !! :evil:.

i was going to try and remove the prop blade from the hub but being resin i think it would shatter ,so i cut 8mm from the tips and re-profiled them back to a point 8) they look OK now and don't touch the side of the nose.

i'll put some pictures of the problem later :cry: :cry: :twisted: :evil:

i just wished that this person told me about the problem.... seeing as i've put up pictures of the simple prop build :rolleyes: and he had allreay built several in the past so maybe he could have told me before hand !.

i thought this was all the point of forums as being together and sharing our experiances in modeling ! does'nt seem that way :rolleyes:

i just wonder if the manufacturer knows :oops:

yours a wassed off..... ian. :)

well i came across a problem as to which the prop blades are too long and strike the nose i only noticed this when the wings where attached and a from silent PM about it, a bit too late but never mind .

dry fitting the props was not an option here as the hub is resin and the prop is a seperate part and trying to hold four parts is like trying to balance four marbles on top of each other ! you would think there would be nothing wrong, but looking at actual pictures of a blenheim these props are too long :rolleyes:

prop blade hitting side :astonished: .

cutting tips down and trimming to shape.

both props now shaped and sanded.

props now mis the fuselage :lol:

...ian

Very nice looking model so far! are you going to do some weathering? Personally i think the exhaust ring should receive some attention!
Nice to see the navigator has the map of Holland folded open!

well she now finished :shock: another hard demanding model done, i didn't want to over do it on this one with the weathering :D just wondering what to make next :D

after this month has gone you might not be hearing from me anymore as i can't afford the internet anymore ! and as this is a luxuary it's got to go :oops: need the money for bill's etc.
even the car is going !!

just when i was just getting to know you all :confused:

it's not that i'm bone !, but i have a very bad back and i can't do the things i used to do, two vertibra's worn and a disc that looks like a triangle which is at the bottom of my back.

i've been off work now for six months now no SSP and no money from DHSS because they are sh!t and may take upto 3 months to complete the claim, i've even thought of selling some of my unbuilt models off !!EEKKK

here you go......

thanks for looking any comments good/bad welcome :rolleyes: ...ian.

Hi Ian,
The model is really very nice.Congrats:D. I hope you will be with us as soon as possible.Good luck friend.

Wojtek.

All the best mate I hope things sort out for you. I understand your position completely from a financial perspective.

She is a wonderful model too, great work mate!

Come back soon!

Cheers Heinz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back