Cockpitfest 2009, Newark

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
A couple of pix of the Spitty....she has a long way to go but will get there....75% original WW2 Spit material. Also shown is Merlin 'helping' Gary tell his P51's story to an innocent bystander!!:lol:

phots were too big....I need to resize

Last edited:
Wow Gary...awesome!

Looks like alot of those 'pits were actual units removed from the aircraft...CHEATS!

I saw yours there being displayed too, it's looking great...hopefully we get to see some more progress on it soon! :thumbright:

Photos finally

Attachments

• merly.jpg
    merly.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Spit.jpg
    Spit.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 128
  • spit2.jpg
    spit2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 120
  • lanc.jpg
    lanc.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 118

Last edited:
Well done mate. Must say, your Spittie is looking bl**dy good considering all the hard work you've put into it.

Wonder what the glider pilot chappie was thinking in your Lancaster picture, when he looked down and saw that beaut wheeling around underneath him ?

Thanx Geedee.....i love your jot of Mini-gunslinger!

Brilliant stuff Gary and Tony, thanks for posting some great pics. Looked like I missed a great weekend - hopefully next year I'll make it!
Tony, your Spit cockpit looks wonderfull, great job mate!
I reckon Jan (Lucky) will now be dribbling into his Guinness with those superb Canberra pics.
BTW, I think you should name the model P51 'pilot' Iziah - as one eye's higher than the other!

Last edited:
cheers chaps.....I hope to post a ton of phots of the Spitty when I get time....not sure which section to put them in. Unfortunately WW2 cockpit projects are rare and due to costs barely make it past the cockpit rig stage. Gary, Dave and I have sunk lots of money into our projects....Ross has done loads to his Anson's.

I think it is fair to say that the CockpitFest event is fantastic but the jets are the most popular....not really sure why....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back