Cockpitfest 2009, Newark

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

A couple of pix of the Spitty....she has a long way to go but will get there....75% original WW2 Spit material. Also shown is Merlin 'helping' Gary tell his P51's story to an innocent bystander!!

phots were too big....I need to resize

Last edited:
Wow Gary...awesome!

Looks like alot of those 'pits were actual units removed from the aircraft...CHEATS!

I saw yours there being displayed too, it's looking great...hopefully we get to see some more progress on it soon!

Photos finally

Attachments

• merly.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Spit.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 132
  • spit2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 124
  • lanc.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 122

Thanx Geedee.....i love your jot of Mini-gunslinger!

Brilliant stuff Gary and Tony, thanks for posting some great pics. Looked like I missed a great weekend - hopefully next year I'll make it!
Tony, your Spit cockpit looks wonderfull, great job mate!
I reckon Jan (Lucky) will now be dribbling into his Guinness with those superb Canberra pics.
BTW, I think you should name the model P51 'pilot' Iziah - as one eye's higher than the other!

cheers chaps.....I hope to post a ton of phots of the Spitty when I get time....not sure which section to put them in. Unfortunately WW2 cockpit projects are rare and due to costs barely make it past the cockpit rig stage. Gary, Dave and I have sunk lots of money into our projects....Ross has done loads to his Anson's.

I think it is fair to say that the CockpitFest event is fantastic but the jets are the most popular....not really sure why....

Users who are viewing this thread