Consolidated B-24D LIBERATOR; 1/48 Revell

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Robert, it's a simple dispatcher of an economic tape but wide, that long ago is finished and I am taking advantage of it.
There are many things at home that can be reused in our hobby.
Saludos campeón

This model is going to be a beauty when done. Great work my friend!

These are very flattering words from you, Andy. I am really motivated to do a serious work. Now I feel that I do not think to do so much detail in another bomber of this size, ... and I already have in my cupboard a B-17 waiting its turn!!; It will be until I have it in process when I'll see how far I want to go with it. On the other hand, as Terry says, I have other projects before.

I agree with Andy, and it's got me itching to do my B-24J as a 'H' model. Too many other projects on the go at the moment though.
For that B-24H you have in line, I already have a place in the front row to enjoy your construction process. It will be a very interesting review.

Thank you mis amigos for your comments.

Saludos cordiales

Awesome masking job Wayne, ... and I agree with everyone: that's what it means to work on something tiny !!
And little Zero is grandiosely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Saludos hasta Australia!!

Damn dude those formation lights look fantastic . Way better then what was on the kit , I would love to see you build a B-26 and B-25 like this

Brian

Hola Brian, I already have an Academy B-25G in my store; but I think my next project is to do simultaneously a P-51B and a Corsair F4U-4, both simple models of Revell and I will do in full flight (to rest a bit the mind of the excess of details ... lol).
But first do the honors to this great monster !!

Saludos compadre

Before leaving for some friends to watch the Super Bowl, I leave the advance so far ...

Recovered the lines of panels that were lost during sanding ...

With Micro Mask the windows were covered and some details to leave everything ready. Previously I gave a good cleaning to all the fuselage with cotton swabs moistened in alcohol and then a nice cleaned with a microfiber cloth.
From this moment I manipulate the plane with gloves ...

... this was the process for the tail light ...
Once lowered to the final size of the new part, I coated the joint with Vallejo plastic putty ...

With care and support with the 3 original photographs (post # 420), I used fine sandpaper to give it the right finish.

The outline where the crescent window is, carries six rivets; But I will do them once I apply the primer, or maybe even after the final outer color.
Finally I applied Micro Mask to that window and wait for details to appear after the Primer and correct them.

We keep in touch and have a pleasant Sunday.

(... I'm with Brady and the Pats, for his 5th S.B ... .) ...

Jajaja...saludos a todos

Users who are viewing this thread