converting revell 1/32 ju-88 to ju-188

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

brewerjerry

Senior Airman
Mar 19, 2007
over the hill and far away
Hi
Just a random anyone know if it is feasable ?
any conversions out there yet,
or is it to big a job, and time for a reality check by me ?

Anyone got a copy of the old airfix magazine ju-88-188 conversion article, they could send me a scan of or tell me the issue date ? (around 1971-3 ?)
cheers
jerry

I think all is feasible.There is a couple of aftermarket rasin sets for Ju188 offered so it is possible to make the conversion.

Haven't seen the conversion kits Wojtek mentioned, but it should be feasible/possible anyway. The wing is longer, the tail and fin are different, there are fuselage differences, the engine nacelles are a different shape, and, of course, the entire nose is totally different. Other than that, not much different!!
But seriously, the basics are there in the kit, as they were with the real thing, so, especially with a conversion kit for the nose in particular, it should be very possible, although will take some time and work.
I used to have that issue of Airfix Magazine, but unfortunately the collection had to go when I moved house - wish I still had them all. It may be that Guttorm (JU88A1) might have some info though, either personally, or at the Museum. A PM to him might be worthwhile.
Hope you can do it, as I'd love to see it. Good luck.

Not just 'thinking' Jan!!! (only kidding of course! :lol: )

...Sounds like an interesting idea Wojtek..I have a Revell Ju 88A-4 going nowhere in a drawer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back