Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnesota report, June 27
cases 35,033, recovered 30,401, hospitalized 3,986, deaths 1,417, tested 568,907
fatality rate 4%
mortality rate 248.6 per million
test rate 99.8 per thousand
<
<
Minnesota report, June 28
cases 35,549, recovered 30,809, hospitalized 4,010, deaths 1,425, tested 585,417
fatality rate 4%
mortality rate 250 per million
test rate 102.7 per thousand

Minnesota, Texas, California, and Florida all began reopening within a week of each other.

Texas, California, and Florida have all had more new cases in the last 7 days than Minnesota has had in total since the beginning of the pandemic. Some of this increase is due to increased testing rates, as it is for Minnesota and other states who have ramped up their test rates. Based on hospitalization rates, the models that also take the increased testing into account indicate approximately the same total percentage of the population in each state has contracted COVID-19, ie 6-10%. However, the rate of spread is increasing in Texas, California, and Florida, whereas the rate of spread in Minnesota is level or decreasing. If we look at the rate of spread ratio between the states, taking into account the larger populations of the other 3 states, and using the value of 1.00 for Minnesota, we get:

_________________________7-day
_________________________ New
_______________ Pop._____Cases____ Ratio
Minnesota_______5.7M____ 3,082_____1.00
Florida_________20.4_____42,449_____3.85
Texas__________29.9_____40,066_____2.48
California______ 41.0_____41,017_____1.85

Minnesotans are pretty bad where mask wearing is concerned, but we are still social distancing to a large extent, and are going slow on reopening. Although there are segments of the population that are ignoring the social gatherings rules (primarily the bar crowds, some churches, and such) the majority of people (even the younger ones) are doing a fairly good job of staying at home and avoiding contact with the older population. Because of this, the number of current COVID-19 cases in Minnesota hospitals has dropped from a high of 606 on 27 May, to 288 as of 28 June, and is the lowest it has been since 25 April.

Even 4 percent can be a grim number given the right numbers. This is one scary a$$ virus since kills at will regardless of age group now. Whjo gives a crap about fault at this time? We common sense procedures to slow or halt the spread. Newsom isn't the best but then Brown would have been no better. Somebody "screwed the pooch" and now we have what we have. I'm trying to hide until 2030 to escape the plague.

Some (which from now on, should used with "-") "experts" come out with statements one day, only to be followed the next day with something completely different and then yet again followed by....at this point you just go....really!?....and you doing a !

Case in point, our Mr. Tegnell in Sweden and his mob!

Gnomey
Why are people saying that wearing a mask dangerous? If masks were dangerous, wouldn't doctors be kicking off like flies?

Experts say that the N95 mask does not filter your exhaust, so you ain't helping anybody but yourself, at best.
X-spurts? You can find one to endorse any concept you choose. Ain't none of 'em infallible. Gotta do your homework.
I'm not looking for my N95 to "filter my exhaust", or my intake either. To do either of those perfectly would require an aircraft style tight fitting pressure regulated monstrosity with lung sized filters. No, all my N95 does, and I believe, does effectively, is reduce the range to which I spew potentially infectious particles in normal conversation. This, in conjunction with two meters social distance, is the best that can be hoped for.
Coughs and sneezes? All bets are off. I haven't coughed or sneezed in public since before the pandemic, but in a "what if" fake cough experiment, I dislodged my mask entirely and it wound up hanging from my chin.
That's the best I can hope for, and it's better than nothing.
Cheers,
Wes

Last edited:
Don't know if you've noticed TMP, but the UK has had a Queen or King for many, many centuries, the current Monarch, HRH Queen Elizabeth II, having reigned now for 67 years ...............

Don't know if you've noticed TMP, but the UK has had a Queen or King for many, many centuries, the current Monarch, HRH Queen Elizabeth II, having reigned now for 67 years ...............
Powerless Royal Figurehead =/= King or Queen.
Should Elizabeth II utter like the thunder of the Almighty: "I'M TIRED OF YOUR SHIT!" what is the actual result? Banish/Exile from the UK? Pains and Penalties? Rollicking laughter? 30 column inches print in the Globe? England has not had a King/Queen for quite a while now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread