Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't people think that after 3 months working from home someone may say "You don't need an office", or worse, "we don't need you?"
i'll be honest and say i am bricking it !

lots of hotels restaurants etc could go under, times are very tough in the industry right now, dont need to be back out on the job market at 50, everyone wants young hip and trendy chefs, even though most customers are pretty conservative with food choices

The Plague was going through the desert and encountered a caravan.
"Where are you going in such a hurry?" - caravan leader asked.
"To Damascus. I intend to take 1000 lives."
Later, on the way back the Plague came across the caravan again.
"Why did you say you are going to take 1000 lives, when you took 50000 of them?" - caravan leader asked.
"No." - the Plague replied - "I did take 1000 lives, the rest of them were taken by Fear."

This is getting serious - my local small store is out of toilet rolls .............. and my favourite wine !!
All other shelves were stocked nomally for the time of day.
Bl**dy ridiculous, in a town of around 60,000, with five large supermarkets and many, many shops, both local and in town, and the hoarding syndrome has started !
As of this morning, there were NO cases of Covid-19 recorded in the entire region - and the bl**dy weather here might ensure that no disease can live anyway !
And just to really annoy me, I can't get a repeat prescription of my meds for the RA until I have an annual review with the Nurse at my GP's surgery - and I can't get an appointment for a review, as 'footfall' is being restricted, due to the risk of Covid-19 !!!
Therefore, without meds, my condition worsens, pain increases, leading to lack of sleep and rest, resulting in an already weakened immune system becoming even more degraded and therefore vulnerable to any and all infections !
And now I can't even have a drink, or a sh*t !!!!!

That is pathetic. Here in the US we have anti gouging laws that are supposed to prevent that sort of thing but they are only very rarely enforced against individuals and never against corporations. If one is really desperate, fighting for ones life, be it due to something like cancer or something more immediate and acute like trama resulting from a car crash one can expect to pay often 10 to 100 fold what the services cost anywhere else in the world. As long as the gougers are corporations nobody says a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread