Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you have a large segment of idiots here in the rural areas where I live that rely too much on Fox News for facts. They were told that this was all a hoax a few weeks ago, and therefor took that as gospel. All you hear from them is that it is a hoax to bring down the economy and the POTUS (I will not say anything further on thus due to forum rules). They are refusing to social distance because of this saying that there are no infections, that no one actually knows anyone who is sick, and therefore the hoax is fact. (I personally now know 3 people so that debunks their ignorant theory).

Anyhow, I think in times like this the idiots come out of the wood works and shine. I think we should take all these conspiracy theory nutjobs and 20 year old kniw it alls who want to hang out on the beach by the thousands, and put them in a locked stadium together. Let nature take it course... :D

Last edited:
Just read a story that a large part of the reason for shortages of basic mecical supplies is due to supply chain disruptions in China( read we outsourced manufacturing of these critically important items so as to maximize profit now we will pay the price for being so short sighted).
Examples the article gave were hand sanitizer shipments down 50% and the last shipment of n95 masks was over a month ago. Usually they are rolling in constantly of course.
It's perhaps abouve my pay grade to define exactly what they are but when this thing is all over shurly there are many lessons to be learned.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Hense why all these stupid 20 year old college kids hanging around the beach saying "I'm young, if I get I get it" are dumb as shit.
Well it isnt just confined to the young. 3 UK members of parliament have got it already, one of them just said she will oppose any removal of civil liberties. She is 69, her husband is also an MP and he is 70. I don't care if they don't care if they get infected, I do care about them infecting other people. With their "civil liberties" nonsense they are ignoring the obvious fact that the first civil liberty is to actually stay alive. ALL politicians and press all over the world think it doesn't apply to them.

Then you have a large segment of idiots here in the rural areas where I live that rely too much on Fox News for facts. They were told that this was all a hoax a few weeks ago, and therefor took that as gospel. All you hear from them is that it is a hoax to bring down the economy and the POTUS (I will not say anything further on thus due to forum rules). They are refusing to social distance because of this saying that there are no infections, that no one actually knows anyone who is sick, and therefore the hoax is real. (I personally now know 3 people so that debunks their ignorant theory).

Anyhow, I think in times like this the idiots come out of the wood works and shine. I think we should take all these conspiracy theory nutjobs and 20 year old kniw it alls who want to hang out on the beach by the thousands, and put them in a locked stadium together. Let nature take it course... :D
Well I think people are prone to believe what they want to believe and that is usually what re enforces the beliefs that they already hold and will seek out media that will tell them what they want to hear.. It is a universal human quality but varies widely by individual,(There are societal and origin of humanity reasons for this but won't go into that here) at one end of the spectrum are people who yes may be drawn to a particular point of view all things being equal but will rapidly adapt as new circumstances become apparent. At the other end are those that will cling to pre conceived beliefs even unto there own demise.

Absolutely.

Hense why all these stupid 20 year old college kids hanging around the beach saying "I'm young, if I get I get it" are dumb as shit.

I was pi$$ed two days ago here when a fit, young woman saying something along the lines "but I must go to the gym, since I don't have the same machines and weights at home" on the national TV. That was so selfish and arrogant. Want to do workout during lockdown? There is plenty of workout excercises you can do with using nothing but your body and and a lot of items found in any home, like chairs, walls etc. One can do push-ups, stand-ups, that excercise to gain 6-pack etc. Family/home members can help. But no, she needs to go to the gym.

I was pi$$ed two days ago here when a fit, young woman saying something along the lines "but I must go to the gym, since I don't have the same machines and weights at home" on the national TV. That was so selfish and arrogant. Want to do workout during lockdown? There is plenty of workout excercises you can do with using nothing but your body and and a lot of items found in any home, like chairs, walls etc. One can do push-ups, stand-ups, that excercise to gain 6-pack etc. Family/home members can help. But no, she needs to go to the gym.
On radio someone said "footballers wont be able to get their hair dressers to fly in to cut their hair". In this time of crisis THAT is exactly what "thinking of others" doesn't mean.

Some people still don't seem to understand it. The mortality figures at this moment don't mean anything.
Here in The Netherlands, a rough figure of around 20%of the known infected are on the intensive care. This consists of roughly 50:50 older than 50 and younger than 50. Around 15% of the people in IC have died until now. Yes, all death are over 63 years old, but remember this is with enough IC beds and breathing aid machines. We are estimated to run out of those somewhere next week, given the speed the virus is spreading. So what will happen then? I think we can safely say that most people ending up in IC, even the younger ones would not have survived without breathing aid. And then I'm not even talking about patients with other illnesses that can not be optimally treated because of the pressure on the hospitals at this moment.

We are estimated to run out of [ICU beds] somewhere next week, given the speed the virus is spreading. [E]ven the younger ones would not have survived without breathing aid. And then I'm not even talking about patients with other illnesses that can not be optimally treated because of the pressure on the hospitals at this moment.
Does anybody know what equipment is "usually all you need" besides a breathing machine?

Some people still don't seem to understand it. The mortality figures at this moment don't mean anything.
Here in The Netherlands, a rough figure of around 20%of the known infected are on the intensive care. This consists of roughly 50:50 older than 50 and younger than 50. Around 15% of the people in IC have died until now. Yes, all death are over 63 years old, but remember this is with enough IC beds and breathing aid machines. We are estimated to run out of those somewhere next week, given the speed the virus is spreading. So what will happen then? I think we can safely say that most people ending up in IC, even the younger ones would not have survived without breathing aid. And then I'm not even talking about patients with other illnesses that can not be optimally treated because of the pressure on the hospitals at this moment.

It's amazing people don't seem to get this.

Italy report, 5 p.m. today
deaths 5,476, sicks cumulative 59,138, recoveries 7,024, tests 258,402
fatality rate 9,3%
mortality rate 91 per million

news: in Italy you can only leave your municipality for work or for health or emergency reasons

Last edited:
So what will happen then? I think we can safely say that most people ending up in IC, even the younger ones would not have survived without breathing aid. And then I'm not even talking about patients with other illnesses that can not be optimally treated because of the pressure on the hospitals at this moment.

There are none so blind as those who will not see

Cartoonists views on hoarding and on quarantine

1584902369383.png

1584902574369.png

Just read a story that a large part of the reason for shortages of basic mecical supplies is due to supply chain disruptions in China( read we outsourced manufacturing of these critically important items so as to maximize profit now we will pay the price for being so short sighted).
Examples the article gave were hand sanitizer shipments down 50% and the last shipment of n95 masks was over a month ago. Usually they are rolling in constantly of course.
It's perhaps abouve my pay grade to define exactly what they are but when this thing is all over shurly there are many lessons to be learned.
China have now sent their experienced people to Italy and Europe, it wouldn't surprise me if they are sending most of their manufacturing capacity there too, where the need is greatest.

As for hand sanitiser, the US must have capacity to manufacture it: here in NZ distilleries have taken to making it using the 'heads and tails' of the distillation process (the first and last runs off the still).

As for hand sanitiser, the US must have capacity to manufacture it: here in NZ distilleries have taken to making it using the 'heads and tails' of the distillation process (the first and last runs off the still).

there are several distilleries here in Colorado doing this right now and giving free bottles to medical workers and first responders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back