Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this propaganda campaign against the hydroxycocquinn drug to be very disturbing. My brother is a pharmacist and he tells me it has been used as both a treatment and a preventative since 1945. But the Red Chinese and some of the MSM are attacking it. One person died from it they say, but they had taken the Phosphate version of the drug used to clan fishtanks, which is like getting sulfur and sulfuric acid confused. Doctors in NYC are taking it now to help prevent them getting the disease. The only reason to attack a useful treatment that I can think of is to make things worse.

If you are referring to the conversation here, it was about non medical professionals telling people to simply take it. I have taken it before as an anti malaria drug, and am very aware of the side effects. I decided to take my chances with malaria because of them. It should only be taken under a doctors orders, and under their dosage. That was the point of the convo here.

No, I was not aware of the conversation here. Of course it should be only taken under the supervision of a doctor and usually is accompanied by an antibiotic as well. I believe that probably was the same drug an officer I served with refused to take when he had a TDY to Xichang.

No, I was not aware of the conversation here. Of course it should be only taken under the supervision of a doctor and usually is accompanied by an antibiotic as well. I believe that probably was the same drug an officer I served with refused to take when he had a TDY to Xichang.

I took it in Iraq and quit because of the side effects. So did much of my unit.

in Italy is used, or was in use the 1st March the clorochina or the idrossiclorochina, in the most severe Remdesivir plus the same or the Lopinavir/ritonavir, medicines name in italian

per million, i just take deaths and divide per population, in my case ISTAT, national statistic office, estimated for the 1st January 2020,

a journalistic investigation, supported from many Mayors, for the Bergamo province claim around 4,500/5,000 deaths for COVID-19 versus the ~2050 official

Italy report, 5 p.m. (CEST) today
cases 110,574, new 4,782, deaths 13,155, new 727, recovered 16,847, new 1,118, tests 541,423, new 34,455
fatality rate 11,9%
mortality rate 218 per million
test rate 9 per thousand

Last edited:
During early Vietnam (1963) I was issued quinine for malaria, about 300mg tablets as I recall. It never worked very well so next we received Chloroquine and Primaquine tablets which worked much better, at least for a while. Next we began hearing that sulfa drugs would work for the chloroquine resistant strains. We began treating with sufadoxine and pyrimethamine. Adverse reactions were rare but tended to be serious Friends who stayed in after I left in 1968 and Viet-vets I've talked to stated that about 1970 or so they were given Mefloquine which had the advantage of only being taken once a week, however, they like Chris mentioned some nasty neuropsychiatric effects. As such many troops simply refused or faked taking the drug.
Those small bottles of mosquito repellent had a smell which carried several meters in the jungle so were not used where they were most needed. Mosquito nets draped around your boonie hats kept the critter off your face but interfered with vision so mostly not used.

Penguins only practice Social Distancing from Leopard Seals and sharks.
Otherwise ... well... we're birdbrains, OK?

Attachments

• 6FeetApartOr6FeetDown.jpg
    6FeetApartOr6FeetDown.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 39
Minnesota report, April 1
cases 689, recovered 342, hospitalized 122, deaths 17, tested 21,191
fatality rate 2.5%
mortality rate 3 per million
tests rate 3.7 per thousand
(Note that the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Minnesota occurred March 6. "Social Distancing" order with all schools, bars, and restaurants closed began March 18. "Shelter In Place" order with all "non-essential" business and services closed began midnight of March 27.)

Last edited:
****​

EDIT: THIS DID NOT COME FROM JOHN HOPKINS UNIVERSITY. IT IS A FAKE FACEBOOK, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND EMAIL CHAIN MAIL.

MUCH OF THE INFO IS UNVERIFIED OR FALSE.

****​

Copy and past from an email sent to me by my Mom

Subject: FW: Important info from Johns Hopkins Date: 2020-03-31 20:03 From:To: >

Hope this come through okay.

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:02 PM
Subject: Fwd: Important info from Johns Hopkins

This is a good explanation of what Covid 19 is and is not and how to deal with it. Never saw this in other write ups .

The following is from Irene Ken, physician, whose daughter is an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University.

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation) and converts them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam cuts the fat (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).
By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is good to use water above 77 degrees F for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% dissolves fat, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
* NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. Since the virus is not a living organism like bacteria, antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only:
-3 hours (fabric and porous),
-4 hours (copper and wood)
-24 hours (cardboard),
- 42 hours (metal) and
-72 hours (plastic).

But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial environments such as air conditioning in houses and cars.
They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. But be careful because it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, work. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE SERVES as it is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* You have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL

Last edited by a moderator:
Copy and past from an email sent to me by my Mom

Subject: FW: Important info from Johns Hopkins Date: 2020-03-31 20:03 From:To: >

Hope this come through okay.

Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2020 2:02 PM
Subject: Fwd: Important info from Johns Hopkins

This is a good explanation of what Covid 19 is and is not and how to deal with it. Never saw this in other write ups .

The following is from Irene Ken, physician, whose daughter is an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University.
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code (mutation) and converts them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.​
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam cuts the fat (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).
By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is good to use water above 77 degrees F for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% dissolves fat, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
* NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. Since the virus is not a living organism like bacteria, antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.
* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only:​
-3 hours (fabric and porous),​
-4 hours (copper and wood)​
-24 hours (cardboard),​
- 42 hours (metal) and​
-72 hours (plastic).​
But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.​
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial environments such as air conditioning in houses and cars.
They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. But be careful because it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, work. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE SERVES as it is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* You have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL

I'm unsure of the provenance of that information. My mother-in-law emailed it to me a few days ago with exactly the same introduction, which suggests (to me) that it's spam and can't be trusted.

The whole UV thing has been debunked (only a certain type of UV can be used, and it's lethal to humans). The loiter times on various surfaces also do not tally with other data I've seen from reputable sources.

Bottom line...if you can't confirm the source, don't trust it.

That's why I think it's good to post such things I think, I also found the times to be a bit suspiciously contradictory. It benefits all of us if those in the know can do a little fact checking as all though Mom is a retired nurse I suspect she is no less vulnerable to misinformation then most people in this and I certainly don't want her to become exposed due to being misinformed.
There are just to many mental deficients out and about with access to toys they are not mature enough to play with, such as internet connections and key boards.
I will pass this on to her, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back