Coronavirus Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
God help NYC............................
If you believe,
otherwise..................... wise up you apples!

Last edited:
Just an interesting bit of info: CBS news was reporting on the dire situation in New York but the images were of Italian hospitals.

I asked a couple friends who live in New York how bad the situation was at their hospitals and they said the're like ghost towns - no one around.

So what the hell?

Read an article this morning on line from researchers in Wuhan. As I understand it, the Chinese government states that only 2500 people died in this area as a result from the virus and that there are no more new cases. However, that being published, these researchers checked the number of cremation urns being returned to families. There are three crematoriums in this area and they are running 24/7 with an estimated 500 a day from each one. It was reported that they had to bring in other operators from outside to handle the workload. It is currently estimated that there are approximately 42,000 urns that will be returned to families by the first week of April. Something to think about.

there is some reports that normal quarter crematory work is more of 50 thousands

1585652328750.png

I dunno about this ... he might get mobbed for those wheels.

Last edited:
I has finally found out how to solve the "empty store shelves" syndrome....Just ask the hoarders to relinquish....politely...that is

Attachments

• Food Shortage.mp4
    5.3 MB · Views: 47
Italy report, 5 p.m. (CEST) today
cases 105,792, new 4,053, deaths 12,428, new 837, recovered 15,729, new 1,109, tests 506,968, new 29,609
fatality rate 11.7%
mortality rate 206 per million
tests rate 8.4 per thousand

Last edited:
Hey guys,

A range of interventions was tried in the US in 1918, including closure of schools and churches, banning of mass gatherings, mandated mask wearing, case isolation, and disinfection/hygiene measures.

The first attached graph shows the difference in expansion rates of infection for Philadelphia and St. Louis. US epidemiologists use this as a classic example of why early action is so important.

It should be noted that Philadelphia leaders downplayed the seriousness of the situation. The city council delayed taking active measures from their first reported cases on 17 September until 3 October. The leaders in St. Louis took the situation seriously and started active measures on 7 October, only 2 days after their first reported cases. Note the difference in the curves.

Philly-St.Louis curves.jpg

Philadelphia's sharp drop in fatalities (and hence the associated infection rates) is due to the realization by the masses in Philadelphia that the situation was serious, the resulting mass fear drove them to self isolation and social distancing. By then, however, the health system was totally overwhelmed. The peak for the Philadelphia curve is equal to about 12,000 deaths after only 30 days, as opposed to about 1,700 total deaths for St. Louis through the entire 1918-year. The greater metro area populations were about the same for both cities. The St. Louis health system was seriously taxed but did not become overwhelmed.

Hey GrauGeist,

re your post#1143:"I asked a couple friends who live in New York how bad the situation was at their hospitals and they said the're like ghost towns - no one around. So what the Hell?"

For the last few years I have been working as a small package/medical courier in-between contract manufacturing jobs. It keeps me busy and I find I quite like the job.

Earlier today I picked up a prescription run at a local major hospital, and there were very few people evident in the common areas.

I live in the Twin-Cities metropolitan area in Minnesota and we have a relatively low number of cases so far. The non-ICU/CCU/Isolation areas are not too busy yet, the ER less so than usual as the hospital/clinic system is diverting non-COVID-19 cases to other hospitals and clinics when possible. The normal ER area has been moved to a less accessible area deeper into the hospital in order to limit transient exposure. Visitors are discouraged, and hospital personnel are not supposed to linger at the hospital in order to limit their possible exposure to COVID-19.

It was not quite a ghost town, but I was surprised at how few people I saw during my visit. It is usually a fairly busy time of day.

Minnesota report, March 31
cases 629, recovered 288, hospitalized 112, deaths 12, tested 19,780
fatality rate 1.9%
mortality rate ? per million (Hey Vincenzo, how are you calculating this?)
tests rate 3.5 per thousand
(Note that the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Minnesota occurred March 6)

Last edited:
I find this propaganda campaign against the hydroxycocquinn drug to be very disturbing. My brother is a pharmacist and he tells me it has been used as both a treatment and a preventative since 1945. But the Red Chinese and some of the MSM are attacking it. One person died from it they say, but they had taken the Phosphate version of the drug used to clan fishtanks, which is like getting sulfur and sulfuric acid confused. Doctors in NYC are taking it now to help prevent them getting the disease. The only reason to attack a useful treatment that I can think of is to make things worse.

I find this propaganda campaign against the hydroxycocquinn drug to be very disturbing. My brother is a pharmacist and he tells me it has been used as both a treatment and a preventative since 1945. But the Red Chinese and some of the MSM are attacking it. One person died from it they say, but they had taken the Phosphate version of the drug used to clan fishtanks, which is like getting sulfur and sulfuric acid confused. Doctors in NYC are taking it now to help prevent them getting the disease. The only reason to attack a useful treatment that I can think of is to make things worse.
Or plain ignorance. There have been more doubtful scientific researches concerning covid-19 the last few months. Also some results have been compromised in the translation from Chinese to English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back