Coronavirus Thread (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rhesus group of monkeys have been found susceptible to many of the same diseases as humans, including virus based diseases. Testing in the past, using Rhesus monkeys, has successfully helped develop vaccines and antibiotics for humans. The similarity of DNA between Primates (ie humans, great apes, monkeys, etc) allows many diseases to spread between them, usually far more easily than between humans and birds, or humans and pigs. (Rhesus monkey DNA is considered to be ~93% the same as human, while Chimpanzee DNA is considered to be ~98% the same - although there is some debate as to the exact % depending on the criteria used to evaluate the 'sameness'.)

I saw a video from one of the cable news networks talking about modelling that showed 74,000 deaths in the US by early August.

Considering the current count is 61,000 and 2,000 people lost their lives today, that number will be achieved sooner.

Minnesota report, April 29
cases 4,644***, recovered 2,043, hospitalized 950, deaths 319**/***, tested 66,744*/***
fatality rate 6.9%
mortality rate 56 per million
test rate 11.7 per thousand*
*Test kits and reagents are becoming more available, there are currently more available than needed to meet the demands of testing for suspected COVID-19 cases and first responder/healthcare/medical personnel. Testing of the general public is beginning in small numbers (<200/day).
**Approximately 78% of Minnesota COVID-19 deaths have been from cases originating in nursing homes and assisted care facilities. As of today, the youngest to die was 30 years old, the oldest was 109. So far in Minnesota, only 3 deaths have occurred in patients with no known underlying health conditions.
***Although the measures used by Minnesota have reduced the rate of spread significantly, our rate of spread (reflected by the 'curve') is still increasing. Currently, this is true regardless of whether the controlling factor used is confirmed cases, test rate, or death rate. However, the volume of testing is increasing dramatically and this may soon effect/skew the ratios.

How have people become so stupid? I know, when it comes to alacrity at math and foreign language, I'm pretty lousy, but I'd have thought almost anybody would know that injecting disinfectants into their veins would be suicidal.
Sadly some people will believe anything. People should always consider the source.

1588219683459.png

The thing is, disease has accounted for more deaths, historically, than every single war, humanity has ever waged, put together (as far as I know).

The thing is, disease has accounted for more deaths, historically, than every single war, humanity has ever waged, put together

That doesn't answer the obvious question though - why is the US government getting its response to the virus so terribly wrong compared to other nations?

The thing is, disease has accounted for more deaths, historically, than every single war, humanity has ever waged, put together (as far as I know).
I don't understand this disease a around 230 thousands official deaths to now, the alone world war II has 50+ millions deaths w/o including related famine and disease

That doesn't answer the obvious question though - why is the US government getting its response to the virus so terribly wrong compared to other nations?

First of all the answer to that involves having a level of competence. I would answer more to that, but unfortunately it would dive too far into politics, and offend certain people. Therefor I shall refrain.

Last edited:
I work in mental heath and we are now seeing people coming in that are to be on precautions. Because of their illness there is very little understanding or compliance . So far we have not had anyone test positive or show symptoms, but if it happens I worry about containment

We seem to be doing better than Brazil....

Not to get too deeply into politics, but MDs, PhDs, and those MD/PhD, MD/DVMs, and those people with educations that actually require academic work, vs plagiarism, have knowledge and expertise. Ignoring them because of a combination of ideology ("Chinese hoax"), arrogance ("stable genius"), and willful ignorance is stupid even in a ditch-digger; it's criminal verging on treasonous in a head of state or head of government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back