Crimea River's Weekend Pics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Took today off to go on a hike with my son, Tim, as the weather was calling for sunshine and a high of 22C. We chose to do a relatively quick one up to Lake Agnes which feeds the famous Lake Louise. The hike was an elevation gain of 385 meters and just 3.4 km from the Chateau Lake Louise and then a further one kilometer and just over 100 meter elevation gain to a cliff top known as "Little Beehive" which offered a spectacular view of the Chateau and lake below.

Tim and I on the shore of Lake Louise at the start of our day. It's not often that the skies are so clear when we are there.

15052201.jpg

Probably the shot of the day: Lake Agnes taken from the patio of the teahouse located on its shores. The teahouse will open next week to serve the throngs of tourists and this was one of the reasons we chose to go today.

15052202.jpg

We had a quick lunch on the lake shore and then hiked up to Little Beehive. It was then that my camera crapped out, despite the fact that I loaded what I thought was a freshly charged battery in it this morning. So out came the company Blackberry for these remaining shots taken from Little Beehive.

A view back to Lake Agnes at extreme right in the middle of the picture. At bottom left of center is Mirror Lake which is fed by a waterfall from Lake Agnes. At the extreme left can be seen the western edge of Lake Louise.

15052203.jpg

This is Fairview Mountain on the southern shore of Lake Louise

15052204.jpg

And finally, the Chateau at the eastern end of Lake Louise.

15052205.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back