Crimea River's Weekend Pics (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone. I never get tired of driving through Banff National Park. Tough to keep your eyes on the road!

Following are a selection of pics I took during my recent business trip to Delhi, India.

First, the beautiful hotel I stayed in, the Trident Gurgaon. Highly recommended if anyone is in the area (but not cheap).

Hotel 2.jpg

Hotel 4.jpg

Hotel 3.jpg

Hotel 1.jpg

The drive to Agra to see the Taj Mahal started at 5:30am local time last Sunday. It's a 4 to 5 hour drive, with lots to see. This guy, of course, wanted money after I took his picture.

Drive 5.jpg

Inexpensive formwork is used in construction (Glenn should like this). The wet concrete forms on the upper floors of this building are held up entirely with cut tree trunks.

Drive 4.jpg

The next three pics should be familiar. The first one is the main gate to the Taj Mahal gardens.

Taj 3.jpg

Taj 2.jpg

Taj 1.jpg

India is a land of contrasts and on the way back, we see a few typical street scenes. Motor bikes are a popular means of transportation. This one, carrying three, has room for one more on the gas tank. Don't laugh - I did see one with 4 but was not able to photograph it!

Drive 1.jpg

Bike repair outsided a take-out "restaurant":

Drive 3.jpg

Lunch anyone?

Drive 2.jpg

These pics show the area where our office building is and has been built within the last 10 years. A few shanties still cling to the fringes of this business zone.

Office 2.jpg

Office 1.jpg

In Delhi on Wednesday, we visited the Cottage Industries Emporium which is housed in this building:

Cult 1.jpg

Within the emporium are many stalls where you can buy all kinds of things made by local craftsmen and businesses. The silver tray is hand engraved and costs about $2400. The chest of drawers was only about $600 and the teak tablea steal at $300.

Emp 4.jpg

Emp 3.jpg

Emp 2.jpg

Emp 1.jpg

On our way back to the hotel, we took a quick drive past the impressive parliament buildings in Delhi.

Parl 3.jpg

Parl 2.jpg

Parl 1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the show!

Great shots Andy and as you say it's a place of extreme contrasts and to have been to the Taj Mahal, envy, envy, envy.

The weather on the 3 hour drive home from Edmonton on Saturday was quite eventful with severe thunder storms about half way. At one point, I just had to pull over to take this snap of a rather neat rainbow at the edge of a massive rain cloud. Unfortunately, it had dissipated a bit by the time I had come to a full stop and pulled the camera out but hopefully you get the gist.

Attachments

• 120602 Rainbow.jpg
    120602 Rainbow.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 95
Deserts can be beautiful in thier own right. Thanks for the comments guys. One neat thing about where I live is that we get some spectacular cloud scapes. I'll need to take a batch of shots over the summer and post some day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back