d.H. Mosquito Mk XVIII (Dirk's Wooden Wonder) ***COMPLETED***

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Here is my finished mosquito from the build thread. As some of you may have noticed in the past I've been rather hard on Airfix products. This one is really no different if you read my build thread but that being said I must admit I enjoyed this one a lot. So much in fact i plan to build another one real soon. These Airfix kits give you a lot of room to practice your scratch building. :lol:

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

Agree about the antenna mast - in fact, by that period, it would probably be a whip antenna, unless operating to the far North, in Norwegian waters, where the wire aerial might be required for range, especially at lower altitudes.

Agree about the antenna mast - in fact, by that period, it would probably be a whip antenna, unless operating to the far North, in Norwegian waters, where the wire aerial might be required for range, especially at lower altitudes.

According to the book The De Haviland Mosquito a comprehensive guide for the modeller page 78 neither early or late aircraft carried the antenna mast its was a whip antenna on both if that's any help :)

Nice build 8)

Looking good Just one thing should the rear of the prop tips be yellow ?

Hey Dirk, nice job!!

They are re-building a wooden wonder at the RAAF museum here at Pt. Cook

Users who are viewing this thread

Back