Dam busters memorial vandalised

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hmmmm:

A crappy thing to do, but no real harm.

In stark contrast to a couple weeks back, when the entire propellor atop the Mosquito Aircrew Memorial was cut off and stolen, likely for its value as scrap metal.

Hmmmm:

A crappy thing to do, but no real harm.

In stark contrast to a couple weeks back, when the entire propellor atop the Mosquito Aircrew Memorial was cut off and stolen, likely for its value as scrap metal.

They still deserve a few quiet moments "discussing" this with the business end of a baseball bat.

Both of those vandilistic acts should be thoughoughly investigated and the perps severely beaten.... Rippin off fingernails is always a good start...

Nahh Les, thats to easy. Carve it to them what they carved in the memorial without pain killers.

This isn't far from where I live ....
Ive been past this monument and stood there many times
Unfortunately this thing is happening too often these days

No harm? Maybe on a physical realm its not much, but there is a major issue of respect here.

I'd love to go these little bas**ds homes and show them the same type of respect. Hit'em where they live. Then let Les att'em.

Horncastle is quite close to me (I sort mail for Horncastle... sad.) , I'll find them and destroy them ! Or destroy all of Horncastle ... which would be better. I thought the memorial would be at Alford though because that's where 617 Sqdn. were based...Alford also being close to me. And Scunthorpe, Gainsborough, Retford, Grimsby, Market Rasen (RAF Binbrook), Lincoln, Coningsby ... all the Bomber Command bases were around here. And it's ONE big **** hole. :D

The memorial is actually in Woodhall Spa a few miles from Horncastle.....
Dont go and trash the wrong place....!!
617 was formed at Scampton...they moved to Coningsby and Woodhall spa...
I dont know about Alford..

Horncastle is quite close to me (I sort mail for Horncastle... sad.) , I'll find them and destroy them ! Or destroy all of Horncastle ... which would be better. I thought the memorial would be at Alford though because that's where 617 Sqdn. were based...Alford also being close to me. And Scunthorpe, Gainsborough, Retford, Grimsby, Market Rasen (RAF Binbrook), Lincoln, Coningsby ... all the Bomber Command bases were around here. And it's ONE big **** hole. :D

Its just plain sad that we have a class of people who have zero concept of sacrifice for future generations.

When we put up our Memorial at Steeple Morden we were very careful to try to do three things - 1.) make sure the 355th/Steeple Morden monument reflected the sacrifices of both RAF and USAAF airmen that served there, 2.) design a memorial that was striking in presntation but relatively easy to maintain, repair or even replace (The 51 prop would be hard but easy to duplicate from appearance, 3.) engage our British friends in the support and amintenance efforts.

We raised one hell of a lot of money to ensure it is maintained as long as a free government remains in UK, with excess funds used to donate to good causes like Church repairs, etc.

As I understand it most of the British memorials are under UK maintenance and support? so maybe the replacement/restoration won't be the issue..

I find myself wishing for significant harm short of extinction be devoted as 'instructional' corporal punishment to serve as a warning to futere acts by similar perverts.

Regards,

Bill

Attachments

• 355fg Steeple Morden Memorial [robinson].jpg
    355fg Steeple Morden Memorial [robinson].jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 355fg Memorial [cullerton].jpg
    355fg Memorial [cullerton].jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 65

Users who are viewing this thread

Back