Dazzled 1/48 NA-91 / P-51A? kit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
And another Mustang grabbed me by the throat.
So I now have an ICM 1/48th P-51A but actually an NA-91 in the box? Maybe!!!!
Cockpit? I dunno, may just go for the Dazzle!
P-51A Dazz 1.jpgP-51A Dazz 2.jpg
There is the kit, above. Next to it my Corel art starting.
Under the Orange is a decal sheet artwork, a bit off the mark.
The photo above is of a plane. I am correcting some of the dazzle.
It just looks a bit bulky or lacking or inaccurate in places.
I will do the same for the sides, from what pictures I can find.
I will be masking and spraying the black of the dazzle pattern.
No 50 bucks for decals this time.

Yes I know, I have a few in S2F but a couple are nearing their end!

Last edited:
Thanks for all this Wojtek.
But do you realllly think the wedges are Brown? Looks so close to the top O.D.
Besides I think it's a bit daft as the Mustang is moving so fast, dazzling doesn't matter!
Not like a ship lumbering along.

Regarding the colours ... abolutely the wedges weren't of the brown colour but of the black one. The OD coat was left on the fuselage top, wing and stabilizers+elevators tops. IMHO the wrong rendition of the camo scheme was just caused by the colourised image. As a result it can't be taken into consideration . I attached it to present the wrong idea of the camo seen in your post above. Just forgot to add my comment.
As far as the desruptive camo type is concerned, it is not to make somebody blind but to deform the target shape while being aimed at. The speed doesn't matter. Just my two cents.

Well................... investigating all morning, seems like the sides are just a similar pattern.
Can find little of actual photos of Starboard sides, but little I can see the above looks accurate.

Hshahahaaaas.
Have found two things about this kit.....
1. Lots of flaash and pin marks.
2. The parrs are not numbered on the trees!!!!
3. The tree diagrams do Not match the prts on the trees???? WTA%#%€
4. Now I see there are 2! E trees???? With no layout of E2??

Oh wait again, 2 parts of one of the E trees. Gear doors!????

Last edited:
Regarding the colours ... abolutely the wedges weren't of the brown colour but of the black one. The OD coat was left on the fuselage top, wing and stabilizers+elevators tops. IMHO the wrong rendition of the camo scheme was just caused by the colourised image. As a result it can't be taken into consideration . I attached it to present the wrong idea of the camo seen in your post above. Just forgot to add my comment.
As far as the desruptive camo type is concerned, it is not to make somebody blind but to deform the target shape while being aimed at. The speed doesn't matter. Just my two cents.
That's not a colorized photo. I scanned it from a 1955 encyclopedia. There is a legitimate question of what film was used and whether the color was accurately reproduced in publishing. Since it was an experiment, an unusual color might have been used.

Having built both the ICM and Accurate Minitures kits, I would only build the ICM kit again if I could not lay my hands in the AM kit, and I have at least 2 ICMs in the stash.
If I remember correctly, the ICM kit did not have inner gear well does so I had to make them up out if sheet plastic
And........ not a locating pin in sight! Fuselage, wings.
Yep agree, find another kit!
Does have well details, but then so what! My Mk.IX is an ICM, judst a few things but nit like This one. The pox uponit!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back