Dec 13th 1937. The rape of Nanjing

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sometimes? IMO they were equal to or even better depending where and when.

Very true.

The Bataan Death March, reprisals against Chinese civilians after the Doolittle Raid and the treatment of Allied prisoners throughout the war in Japanese POW camps come quickly to mind.

TO

I often do wish I could not understand English when things are concerned with the honor of my country as no one would want his/her own country to be the target of blame.

About the incident, here are still persistant negative opinions saying the incident was totally fabricated or the actual victims number could not have been so many. But, on the other hand, I have ever seen on TV or read on the paer such testimonies as "Chinese residents did not look human-beings to me(meaning it was easy for me to kill them" or "I and my comrades competed the killing number( it was called 100-killing game)" by some former IJA soldiers. As far as I have reseached, the following two sites look representative for both negatives and affirmatives.

Negative
Affirmative

Negative or affirmative, it always makes me feel sick.
May the victim's soul rest in peace:salute:

Every country has moments in its past that are less than noble Shinpachi.

As Gandhi replied when he was asked what he thought of Western civilization:

"I think it would be a very good idea."

Thanks Maximowitz for your care.

Till 1945, the Japanese might have long been living in the sense of warfare since 1467 when the Warring States Period started although we had peaceful time during the Edo era as the nation closed its door for overseas.

Based on the cool analysis, everything must be rational and fair. I agree with Gandhi.

Attachments

• thumb5.jpg
    thumb5.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 189
Every civilization has had it's dark episodes.

The present generations should not be asked to bear the burden of mistakes made in the past, but instead, we should all learn from those mistakes to make sure they don't happen in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back