DIO's models

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DIO

Airman
Nov 27, 2007
I got jealous, so I decided to post my models too.
Seeing them is a joy as well as building them...

This is a HASEGAWA 1/48 HAWKER TYPHOON built in 2006...

Ah man.This is one of the most excellent minatures of Typhoon I've ever seen.Congrats mate.:D :D :D

But I have a question.Are you sure of the under surfaces camo?
I think that the Night-Day camo pattern can be incorrect for the period of time which your model showes.Besides if the camo is correct the roundel on the black painted wing should be with an outer thin yellow ring in order to make this one better visible.Of course it is my opinion only.Do you have any pics of the bird?

Wurger, that ws the first thought that popped into my mind. :) I didn't think D-Day stripes came with that B/W camo especially at that stage of the war.

Nice plane, DIO! Great weathering job!

"I didn't think D-Day stripes came with that B/W camo"

So this is what took you in! These are not D-Day stripes. If you have a look you will notice that they do not have the same number or dimensions.

It is a painting for the typhoons playing the role of the AXIS planes in a drill before D-Day. This also explains the white band on both nose sides.

These markings are Aeromaster and I thing it is an option of colourful typhoons. I will find it for you...

Sorry, Dio. I wasn't sure about the camo is all. I've seen the B/W on Buffalos in the PTO but nowhere else. I tend to know Luftwaffe more so than Allied and I'm sorry to get your hackles up. Hey, I once did a Bf 110 in Jagdgeschwader colors once!

No harm. You did a great job.

Sorry, Dio. I wasn't sure about the camo is all. I've seen the B/W on Buffalos in the PTO but nowhere else. I tend to know Luftwaffe more so than Allied and I'm sorry to get your hackles up. Hey, I once did a Bf 110 in Jagdgeschwader colors once!

No harm. You did a great job.

Pay a visit HERE

Almost at the bottom you will find it...

It is a well documented baby :lol: :lol: :lol:

The best thing is that thanx to you guys, I know where to search for more information now ;)

:lol:
A bottle of the best Polish beer for you.:D

BTW. I have found a colour profile for the bird.But there is not the roundel on the black painted wing.Do you think it can be a mistake? Still I cannot to find areal pic of the a/c. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back