Dirk's Airfix F-86F "The Huff" flown by Lt. Jim Thompson, of the 51st FIW

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dirkpitt289

Master Sergeant
Jul 16, 2009
South Plainfield New Jersey
Box.jpg

If HR Puff-N-Stuff had this Saber he would have been able to kick Witchiepoo's arse once and for all. It sure would have saved Jimmy and his talking flute a lot of heartache. :lol:

puff1.jpg

witch_witchiepoo2a.jpg

For those that are to young to get the reference, this was a television show from my childhood back in the 70's called HR Puff-N-Stuff. It was basically a fairy tale of good versus evil. The Good was a dinosaur like puppet or Muppet and the evil was a witch called Witchiepoo. Hence my correlation of my selected F-86 with the Dragon "The Huff" on the side. You can find lots of references online or even episodes on Youtube.

Here is what my goal is.

TheHuff.jpg

As usual I start with the cockpit and the pilot seat. Not much to look at compared to a real seat. I little Evergreen styrene and some elbow grease should make things a little better

IMG_1961.jpg

PilotSeat.jpg

I added a new seat back to look more like the original with the hole in the back. I also added arm rests and the emergency handles from wire

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

The rest of the cockpit parts

IMG_1965-1.jpg

IMG_1966.jpg

This next photo was inserted to break up the monotony of my build. Its a sad site.

F-86Hulks.png

With the extra bits added the seat no longer fit into place so I had to use a rasp file to make some room.

IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Good stuff Dirk, and I'm too old to have seen this TV show, so no tune running through my head !

I added some lead balls to the empty cavity of this part that connects to the cockpit. The plastic forward of the weight is the bottom of the intake.

IMG_1973.jpg

Fitting the cockpit

IMG_1974.jpg

Really nice fit from the bottom

IMG_1975.jpg

Head on shot

IMG_1976.jpg

Well its that time again. Time for some plastic surgery.

DoctorBefore.jpg

I want to open the access panel to the weapons bay. I feel it will add some dimension to the model.

This is the area that we will be removing

IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

Another successful surgery

DoctorAfter.jpg

Moving forward. The weapons bay has been installed. Later on I will add some more wiring and the ammo feed belts.

IMG_2014.jpg

Fuselage together

IMG_2015.jpg

Wings assembled

IMG_2016.jpg

Tail section attached. Now it looks like an airplane

IMG_2041.jpg

Now the fun of filling and sanding has begun

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

This is the products I will be using moving forward on the NMF

IMG_2052.jpg

First I applied the Mr Surface primer

IMG_2050.jpg

Of course this highlighted some spots that needed some more attention so it was back to the Mr Surfacer 1000.

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

Thanks for looking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back