Dirk's Airfix F-86F "The Huff" flown by Lt. Jim Thompson, of the 51st FIW

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I thought this would be interesting to share with everyone. Its a cologe of F-86 nose art. 8)

noseart03.jpg

NoseArt02.jpg

NoseArt01.jpg

After some more sanding it was (what I felt) ready for the next step. For this I turned to the Model Masters Flat Black

IMG_2070.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Next came the Alclad aluminum. No mixing needed. Just point and spray. These pictures don't do the application any justice but it looks pretty good to me. I'll let this sit for 24hrs and then do some buffing.

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

One thing you can't see in these photos is that I applied the Alclad to all the pilons, gear doors and other parts without priming with the black first. Should the application of the black be as critical as they say I should get some variation in the parts which would work out great.

Till next time.

Great stuff Dirk!

A question too - do you have to thin Mr. Surfacer for spraying, and if so, to what ratio? Going to be using mine (500 grit) for first time on the Me 262 shortly...

Cheers!
Evan

Hi dirkpitt,
I love this sabres since the Canadians brought theirs to Southern Germany in the late fiftees. Very nice done so far.

Hey Chris

Yes the Typhoon is under way but will not be completed by the deadline. My personal life seems to have kicked into high gear with coaching my sons traveling baseball team and the other bits and things that comes with having kids during the summer.

Coming along nicely question where did you get those clamps. And would cloths pens work as well or would they mark up the plastic too much?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back