Does anyone else collect stuff?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I collect WW2 uniforms, head gear, medals and equipment. I specialize in WW2 German uniforms and stuff. I have 25 different German uniforms (Wehrmacht, SS, Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe), helmets, headgear, medals and equipment.

Most of my collection is unfortunately in storage at my families house.When I joined the Army I could not take it with me. I do have some of my stuff here at my house with my wife.

I have posted some pics in this thread listed below, and will post some more when I retrieve more of my collection. Maybe next weekend when I go and visit family.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/off-topic-misc/militaria-collecting-15242.html

Other than military stuff, I also collect:

Coins
Paper Money
Stamps (I have a very nice and almost complete 3rd Reich Stamp Collection).
Football Cards

That's great guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one that's cluttering up my house.

"Sting of the Black Tulip" is a wonderful print to have. In fact, my Dad just sold one of these for £1800!

My favourite Taylor print is "Eagles out the sun", great picture and some great signatures.

For diecast try diecastairplane.com and badcataviation.com between the 3 you have a good selection and varying prices and sales.

Thanks Torch..

1800 pounds! Framed?

cool... I think I paid $700 fo mine with a beautiful frame

Too many models, a few aviation prints, original oils aviation pictures (my own), a couple of bits of WW2 aircraft, some military uniform bits and pieces, loads of aviation/military books, and about 250kg of dust!

I've got a friend who has some bucks, he can afford the B17 rides, a p51 ride down in New Zealand etc and has a room filled with signed paintings and drawings, I know he's into it but it's a shame because once he has it he does not give them a fleeting glance, He's got atleast 50 of them. Kills me that they are not appreciated as they should be........Yes I'm jealous. I personnally collect 1/72 ww2 planes and MRC easy models(pretty cheap) because I don't have the time,room and $s to build. But you can only do so much between work,motorcycles,guns and life in general. I just go over to his house and ogle for awhile,oh yeah he's got a new Maserati GTS, a split back Vette and a Super bird in his garage also.:cry:

I collect a bunch of tiny plastic figures about 1" high. I have about 700 of them worth over $2000 easy. Yes I can be a geek at times.

Collect? Collect means 'to shelve and view only' in my eyes. In that case, no. I don't collect anything. Perhaps a few knives, bayonets and what not.

I have 'collected' many 1.72nd models, but still hope to build them. And probably will with all the forum's kind words on my builds so far. And I own and shoot many civvie and military weapons. But collect? No. I know a guy who got a Garand M1D Sniper from the US Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP). It was mint with gov't pedigree. He sealed it up and never intends to shoot it. Me? Think that's stoopid. I too got one. And I shot that EmmmEffer. You only live once.

lol Matt...that's why I have two M1 carbines...one to drool on, the other one to work over like a prom dress...

As far as collections go, I have a number of 'em like coins, weapons, public safety shoulder patches (fire, law enforcement, etc) and so on...

But my most complete collection, and by far the biggest, would be the collection of ^$%#* bills.

Vintage Arc Welders. Got about eight and I've been told to stop, by my shed. They all work and when required I like to stop and think "which one will I use today?"...

Yep
missed out on Hartmann prints but I have Taylor's Swansong signed by Gunther Rall, also worth a tidy sum over what I paid for it. Not that I'm likely to sell it, superb print

Me too. I bought it when it first came out. There's so much symbolism Taylor painted into that print ....

Njaco,
Perhaps you can identify a toy I had when I was a kid. It was a Matchbox Orange fastback Mustang. I am guessing a 1965 or 1966 body style with the engine or supercharger sticking through the hood. It might have had green windows but I can't remember. The chassis was painted black. I would like to find such a car again but don't remember what it was called.

Thanks.
- Ivan.

Torch, Comiso...also try checkin out
Welcome to 21st Century Toys
Corgi - Die-cast collectable models for every age
Welcome to the World of Figarti Figurines --- Home

I collect 1/144 die-cast vintage planes. Target/WalMart used to carry the Corgi line, I have quite a few of those I picked up before they quit carryin. Also have a couple of 1/72 diecast "Forces of Valor" (think they carry those on BadCat) before Target stopped carryin them, too. Unfortunately, my wife's kitten knocked down a shelf holding most of my 1/144, and has "crashed" several of my 1/72 as well....I swear, that kitten is gonna end up in a casserole someday...

Being a student, mainly debt :evil4:

Other than that not much really, got a couple of prints and pictures and money from all the countries I have visited. Got a lot of Zimbabwe dollars (including a 50 billion) and a fair few Malagasy francs. On top I have a load of others as well from my travels both paper and coin.

Yup, I collect BMW model motorcycles, and my glass cabinet is running out of space fast. :lol:
Apart from that, I collect books on WW2 and danis police and crime history, plus old danish police gear - uniforms, helmets, the lot. And then there's my comics collection - and the dust bunnies collection under my bed. :)

Nascar Diecasts -mostly the small 1/64 size as I live in a studio apartment and don't have much room. I started when I got a bunch of my brother's Jeff Gordon Diecast cars after he passed away.Nothing expensive or fancy, most are about matchbox size.
One day I hope to get one of those box shelves to display them on.
That and books-lots of books...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back