**** DONE: 1/32 P-39Q - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
User Name: al49
Name: Alberto
Category: Intermediate
Kit: Special Hobby
Scale: 1/32
Accessories:
CMK resin set 5030 for Undercarriage, CMK resin set 5031 for Armament set, CMK resin set 5029 for engine
EDUARD p.e. set 32171 Aircobra exterior, HGW safety belts, MONTEX Mask
Specific decals for those Italian markings aren't existing, so they will be either home made or subcontracted.

Lucchini.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My first action was to do some "plastic surgery" in order to get the fuselage ready to accept the resin add-ons.

DSCN1150.JPG
DSCN1148.JPG

You can also see the amount of lead shots glued in the nose, some more are in the central part of wings.

The same was for wings, here seen with resin already in place but not yet puttied.

DSCN1146.JPG
DSCN1145.JPG
DSCN1144.JPG

More will follow soon

Last edited:
This photo shows the arrangement of lead shots in the wings.

DSCN1147.JPG

Then I started working on components to be fitted inside the fuselage

DSCN1188.JPG
DSCN1157.JPG
DSCN1162.JPG
DSCN1161.JPG

Here are some of those components test fitted inside the fuselage, no glue yet.

DSCN1154.JPG
DSCN1155.JPG
DSCN1156.JPG

More to follow
Alberto

Looks very nice, Alberto. I am going to enjoy watching this build. I have always loved the P-39. Sure wish the US Govt had not mandated the removal of the turbo/supercharger.

Going a bit further, fuselage halves have been glued together and almost all items arranged inside the cockpit and the gun bay.

DSCN1175.JPG
View attachment 280668View attachment 280669
DSCN1176.JPG

It has been a tough work for me to fit all these items in the correct place and some adjustment was need,, i.e. I had to enlarge holes in the front bulkhead in order to be able to fit MG barrels.

DSCN1177.JPG

Some close-up:

DSCN1178.JPG
DSCN1180.JPG
DSCN1181.JPG
DSCN1182.JPG
DSCN1183.JPG
DSCN1184.JPG
DSCN1185.JPG
DSCN1186.JPG

Of course I also tried to add some cabling here and there.
Pilot seat still missing because I have to arrange safety belt first.

Finally shot on the engine compartment and on tail with the p.e. items in place.

DSCN1179.JPG
DSCN1187.JPG

Next step: assembly wings and fuselage together, will not be very easy due to a large gap that I couldn't compensate before with spacer, like the one seen on the beginning, because fuselage had also to meet the dimensions of front landing gear bay.

I hope you like it.
Cheers
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back