**** DONE: 1/32 P-39Q - Mediterranean Theater of Operations

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That's looking good Alberto.
Are the tail-planes glued in place? If so, then the port side one appears to have a slight gap or ridge which you might have missed.

That's looking good Alberto.
Are the tail-planes glued in place? If so, then the port side one appears to have a slight gap or ridge which you might have missed.

Many thanks Terry for your advise.
In facts I noticed the gap before but I forgot to correct it.
Tail planes are identical, it's the fuselage side that's 1 mm shorter, hard to believe they have made such a mistake.
I will glue a piece of plasticard and ...
Alberto

Just two little sa little piece of plasticard to correct the error in the left tail plane:

20150116_234154.jpg

2) Temporarily added cabin doors so the cockpit is sealed and I can start painting.

20150116_234221.jpg
20150116_234204.jpg

Now I must wait for a sunny day and put my airbrush in action.
Alberto

Added gun-pods and primed all surfaces

DSCN1190.JPG
DSCN1191.JPG
DSCN1192.JPG
DSCN1193.JPG

If weather and time will permit, tomorrow I will spray lower surfaces with Tamiya XF-53 Neutral Grey.

Alberto

Hi, some progress here.

Painted all under-surfaces with Neutral Grey (Tamiya XF-53)

DSCN1199.JPG
DSCN1200.JPG

Then I pealed-off from the wing the mask simulating the US roundel and :shock::shock: some paint came away as well!

DSCN1201.JPG

I don't know if it depends on the quality of the primer I used (a surface primer from Vallejo supplied in spray cans) or that surface wasn't degreased well enough, what I know is that I must take a lot of care when I will be painting upper surfaces.

In any case the area where the US roundel was supposed to be, will be sprayed with Italian medium grey to replicate what was done on the field before painting on Italian roundels and it should be not to difficult to conceal the mistake.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back