**** DONE: 1/32 Bf 109F-4/Trop - Mediterranean Theater of Operations (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Username: Catch22
First name: Cory
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/32
Manufacturer: Hasegawa
Model Type: Bf 109F-4/Trop
Aftermarket addons: HGW Belts that includes a small amount of Eduard PE, Eagle Editions decals.

This will depict a Bf 109F-4/Trop of Stab II./JG 27.

miniTC_34_profile_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished up the cockpit today. Thanks to Geo's pics I was able to somewhat place the belts properly. They're not perfect, and I switched a pair of buckles on the first belt I make so I just made the second to match. If you cut the belts right on the dotted line like they tell you, you're going to be angry and probably want to punch a baby, but if you cut them off of the sheet a little narrow, it's much easier. There are also times where they want to you loop two pieces of belt through the same buckle, which I found to be impossible, so I just glued them so it looks the same. I used the Testors clear window glue to attach the belts to each other, and to help hold them down in the cockpit. They look better than PE, but I'm unsure if they're worth the effort. I do have three more sets for different planes, such as the P-40 I will be building for the next GB so we'll see. I've closed up the fuselage as well, but I'll take better pictures when there's actually something to show. I'll also grab another photo of the main part of the cockpit tomorrow when there's some natural light.

1199E469-0438-4DBC-87B4-EAFD2714591E_zpsl8zdyqnu.jpg

4B04A44B-B652-4FCB-BF89-EDBABF86B3B5_zpsbslxbhzy.jpg

4B48B6B5-D459-4624-8752-53F3D20BEE7F_zpskqp0gaoh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back