**** DONE: 1/40 Grumman F-14 "Tomcat" - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Guess I'll look into one of those gizmos. Now I have a 1:40 canopy for an F-16 that I have no use for. I get the right one painted and on, and we're done !

Charles

Received the correct canopy in the mail, today. Just to make sure, she sent two ! After supper I masked the canopy and gave it one coat of the Light Ghost Gray. In the morning I will hit it with a second coat. That should be enough. Tomorrow afternoon I have a meeting, and I don't know how long it will last. As soon as I get the canopy on I will take the six required pic's and declare it finished. Hopefully tomorrow evening.

Charles

Hi Lads.... Just gave the canopy it's second coat of Light Ghost Gray (by hand). This should be dry enough to attach to the plane this evening. After the canopy is on, I'll attach the sidewinders.

FWIW, this Tomcat is not one of my better efforts. Nothing has gone right from the start ! No More Jets !!

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2730.JPG
    DSC_2730.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_2731.JPG
    DSC_2731.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 73
May not be tonight. Had quite a bit of leakage, under the tape, so I am doing a massive amount of cleaning..... with good results. A toothpick dipped in thinner and rubbed on the canopy removes the unwanted paint. But... it makes the canopy fuzzy. However, a bit of plastic polish on a soft rag restores the luster and removes the fuzzy-ness. Just going to take awhile. Bare with me one more day....

Trust me... the next canopy I paint will be free hand !

Charles

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back