**** DONE: 1/30 Grumman Hellcat - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How do you do the canopy?
The frame painting, I mean.

The same way you do a canopy for a 1/48 plastic model. Mask it off and either airbrush it, or paint by hand.
This one was airbrushed.

And the leakage is going to stay as is. I completely destroyed the canopy for the Tomcat, yesterday, trying
to clean up the leakage.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2706.JPG
    DSC_2706.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC_2707.JPG
    DSC_2707.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the canopy Charles. First thing to try with canopy running once it is truly dry is a gentle rub at the paint with a toothpick, it usually chips off quite clean. Then a little polish with a soft cotton cloth, preferably well washed like a bit of an old 'T' shirt, with it over a cotton but, a dab of car polish or toothpaste polish the area. should come up clean.

Did a little on the Hellcat, today. Got the canopy cut out and attached. Just have to do a little touch up, where the Super-glue ran a bit. Removed the tape from the cockpit rear windows, too. Also painted the rudder trim tab. That will be installed later today. The Flat White underside was touched up yesterday. I'm ready for decals !!

Maybe after I get my work table cleaned up. It's starting to look like Paul's, and we can't have that.... can we ?

Landing gear ? Did someone mention landing gear ? That's being imported from Poland !!

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2709.JPG
    DSC_2709.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_2711.JPG
    DSC_2711.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 68

Users who are viewing this thread

Back