**** DONE: 1/30 Grumman Hellcat - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looking great Charles! That takes alot of skill on those balsa models. I dont know how you guys do it. I tried my hand at a balsa once, and well I will leave it at that.

Got around to doing some re-painting and some touch up on the Hellcat today. Painted the flak damage on the wings with Flat Sea Blue, touched up the Intermediate Blue, and brought it up higher on the fuselage sides. Also painted the inside of the cockpit with Green Zinc Cromate and the inner part of the cowling with flat black. Got to touch up the undersides with Flat White tomorrow.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2697.JPG
    DSC_2697.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_2698.JPG
    DSC_2698.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_2699.JPG
    DSC_2699.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 71
I've got to completely re-mask and re-paint the Hellcat. From the profile I have I could not tell that the tops of the wings and stabilizer were also Dark Sea Blue, also the demarcation line between the Intermediate Blue and the Dark Sea Blue is wavy and not straight...

Bummer!...nice turn around though. Looking good now.

P.S. pass the chips...

Got all the topside touching up done, ailerons on, prop on. Still have some touching up to do on the underside Flat White, which I'll do tomorrow. All the damage has been repaired and painted.

Maybe the canopy, tomorrow, too ?

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2703.JPG
    DSC_2703.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2704.JPG
    DSC_2704.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_2705.JPG
    DSC_2705.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 84