**** DONE: 1/30 Grumman Hellcat - Carrier Aircraft GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got to completely re-mask and re-paint the Hellcat. From the profile I have I could not tell that the tops of the wings and stabilizer were also Dark Sea Blue, also the demarcation line between the Intermediate Blue and the Dark Sea Blue is wavy and not straight.

What do I know ?

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2675.JPG
    DSC_2675.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I think you should use the Model Master Enamel Sea Blue FS35042 - Testors 1718 but not Dark Sea Blue - Model Master Enamel Dark Sea Blue FS15042 - Testors 1717

As soon as I shake this cold, I will repaint the Hellcat all Flat White and start completely over.

Charles

I see. Looking at the middle colour ( Intermediate Blue ) I've gotten the impression it was of a good tonality. Could you take a picture of the model outside the garage in the sunlight?

Since the above was posted, the Dark Sea Blue and Intermediate Blue has been repainted. The upper colour is now Flat Sea Blue. Sorry, but I have been working for the past five days, and have done nothing on either model. Get back to them soon.

Charles

And.... Tonight was sooner than I expected. Got the Hellcat completely repainted. Flat Sea Blue upper, Intermediate Blue in the middle and Flat white undersides. Got some touch-up to due because of leakage under the tape. Do that tomorrow. Also have some "flak damage" to fix.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2688.JPG
    DSC_2688.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_2689.JPG
    DSC_2689.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_2687.JPG
    DSC_2687.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 62
Looks okay from down here Charles and with all that stuff behind it looks like you're about to bake a cake!

That's our breakfast table. Just a place to take pic's. Chips on the left, "Splenda" for our tea/coffee in the little basket, my vitamin B-12, and slivered almonds
for "Buddy" our pet rabbit. I think I need to take some pic's in the sun, it won't look so dark.

Thanks for the kind words....

Charles

Flak damage to the Hellcat repaired, today. After it dries I'll coat it with the 50/50 mix, then repaint.

This was taken on the hood of my truck on a cloudy day. Still too dark ???

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2693.JPG
    DSC_2693.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 87

Users who are viewing this thread

Back