**** DONE: 1/48 Bf 109E-4 Von Werra - Defense of Britain/Atlantic.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Having looked at the finished thread first, I got to say it is very impressive.
Thank you Vic! Did you enjoy the Eduard kit as much as I did? I hated leaving out the engine components on my build because they did a good job on representing it but with no way to fit the cowling over the engine, I chose to build mine buttoned up.

Looks fantastic John, I really love your weathering.

I use the testers clear parts cement for canopy sometimes, but more often than not I use Testers tube glue For a more secure attachment. I keep it from fogging the clear part by first dipping it in Future and have never had a problem.

You should put a P-47 next to them!

Thanks Glenn! I normally use plain old Elmers White Glue for the clear parts but the rear canopy section really needed to pressed down into position so I used the Tamiya. I have Future and should have used it on this build. I'm just afraid that pieces of dust will collect on the canopy when drying.

......I'm just afraid that pieces of dust will collect on the canopy when drying.
I put them on a bit of paper towel to wick off the excess Future then cover them with one of those cheepie tupperware type food containers to keep the dust off until it dries to tac-free. If it has managed to collect some dust I just wash off the Future with Windex and do it again.

...or an Avenger. Glenn's right. If you dip the clear parts in Future, they won't fog with CA glue, though I don't know if the Tamiya thin works the same way. I too us the Testors Clear Parts Cement unless I need to do a lot of sanding to blend in the clear parts. This glue, like Terry's, is refined PVA and does not hold up to wet sanding so in those cases I use the CA.

John, that's one of the finest 109's I've ever seen. No adjectives do it justice.

Thanks guys!

I put them on a bit of paper towel to wick off the excess Future then cover them with one of those cheepie tupperware type food containers to keep the dust off until it dries to tac-free. If it has managed to collect some dust I just wash off the Future with Windex and do it again.

Oh... you can wash the Future off with Windex??? I was also afraid of mussing up the canopy with Future but if it can be washed off, I'll DEFINITELY be trying this on the next build.

...or an Avenger. Glenn's right. If you dip the clear parts in Future, they won't fog with CA glue, though I don't know if the Tamiya thin works the same way. I too us the Testors Clear Parts Cement unless I need to do a lot of sanding to blend in the clear parts. This glue, like Terry's, is refined PVA and does not hold up to wet sanding so in those cases I use the CA.

John, that's one of the finest 109's I've ever seen. No adjectives do it justice.

Wow Andy... that is really kind of you to say!:oops: I still feel like there is lots of stuff that I need to learn and improve on so I will take that compliment as a sign that I'm at least learning and improving. This site has been a great place to learn new modeling stuff so I owe alot to you and the others here.

Now that the 109 is finished, I have to wait around a week for the next GB to start. I think I have my first subject and it will be another Eduard kit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back