**** DONE: 1/48 Bf109F-4 J.Steinhoff - Your Favorite Aircraft of All Time GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very nice work indeed Andy! not sure what the small tank is, but I'll see if I can find out. Note that the blast tubes at the gun muzzles, which mate with the cowling troughs, were normally painted the interior colour, RLM02/66. Also, most photos of the exhausts show the first stub to be painted, colour shots suggesting RLM02. I'm guessing they might all have been painted at one time, but hot exhaust gases burnt off the paint on all but the front one.

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the feedback.

Terry, thanks for the tips. I should have mentioned that I had not adressed the guns yet, other than slapping some paint on them. I've yet to add the synchronization wiring to them and I'm still debating whether or not to enhance the port blast tube - hence there being no paint on these.

Thanks once again guys. I've now almost completed the engine compartment now that the guns have been wired up and a few details added. The first pic shows the unpainted bits that were added based on reference pics. Note that work on the starboard side was minimal, if non-existent, since this area will only have limited visibility due to the cowl on that side remaining closed. The blast tube was made of rolled paper and the clamps are aluminum tape. Stretched sprue, card, and copper wire, some of it pre-painted, make up the rest of the firing mechanism connections and synchronization gear.

The last pic shows the same assembly with paint applied.

Attachments

• 120312 1.jpg
    120312 1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 120312 2.jpg
    120312 2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 113
Thanks guys. WQill move4 onto the cockpit next. Seems I might get onto using some Hasegawa 109 G sidewalls modified to suit. ICM walls are sparse and the Eduard PE was designed for the Hasegawa kits which have more detail including oxygen regulator and more trim wheel stuff. Needs a bit more planning before launch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back