**** DONE: 1/48 EC Tiger ARH - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Got to agree with all - good thinking and great work Vic. Pitty we can't solder things on plastic, could make life easier sometimes, although if it was possible, we'd have to call in Evan for such delicate soldering !

Many thanks gent's, I must say this has most certainly been one of the most interesting and rewarding of builds I've ever undertaken. Not a lot to report today, spent most of it trying to duplicate the nose of this amazing machine. As is usual yet more modifications are required.

This is what I'm after.

120616-1A.jpg

Here are the moulded parts that are not required.

120616-1B.jpg
\

The final solution!!

120616-1C.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, fantastic idea and brilliant execution Vic!

A simpler solution would be to finely solder thin tube together, as Terry said - you guys pay the airfare and I'll gladly do the soldering! :)

Hmmph! I thought you would have known that it's actually a local mod, called a OAACDR, and works in conjunction with the forward speed of the aircraft in relation to the pitch of the rotors.

OAACDR = Oz Airborne Automatic Clothes Drying Rail.

Thanks for the kind word folks.

When I looked at yesterdays work on the nose, those bug eyes, they looked far to thick so I removed them ant worked them down a bit.

120617-1A.jpg

I also cam across another problem with the shape of the nose. It needs remodelling if I'm going to add the pea shooter. So it was out with the saws and scourers for yet another Mod.

120618-1A.jpg

I was also a bit worried about the mesh covering for the side engine intakes. They have to much of a bend on them to take a fine mesh but needed something over them rather than the open framework provided in the kit. In the end I stole a bit of stocking to cover them and then add some paint. It looks a bit rough close-up but once in position should blend in okay

120617-1B.jpg

Oh and BTW, had to put a Mod on the OAACDR. A couple of protective sleeves, to stop the cloths pegs falling off!!!

Good stuff Vic, and make sure those clothes pegs are MoD approved - don't want to get into trouble for using unauthorised components !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back