**** DONE: 1/48 EC Tiger ARH - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Bill.

Them ring are just a bit of wire wrapped round a sewing pin and the ends twisted as you would a lock-nut on and aircraft. The twisted bit gets stuffed inside the body.

My thanks gentlemen for the kind words.

Spent time actually sticking plastic to plastic today, made up the tail unit and the forward wing load platforms but none will be attached as yet. In answer to an earlier question Karl, I'm leaving them off to make spraying the camo simpler, the less protrusions the better me thinks.

Other work today was adding a couple of lifting rings to the olio support housing, the kit was just a simple mould indentation, I think this is about Mod 10.

120614-1A.jpg

120614-1B.jpg

While checking the lifting rings out, I noticed at the other end of the machine that the kit tailwheel was incorrectly placed and that the kit detail could do with a bit of a lift. I'm taking it that the stbd side opening just to the rear of the tailwheel mechanism is for quick inspection. Anyway, this has turned out to me Mod 11.

120614-1C.jpg

120614-1D.jpg

120614-1E.jpg

120614-1F.jpg

120614-1G.jpg

I love the level of detial you put into your builds :) Shes looking great and shes not even finished yet ! :D

Thank you so much gents, I really do appreciate your comments, makes one want to strive for more.......
b0227.gif

Terry, I have to confess that the rings are made from a small spring, just nipping off one ring at a time from the spring and praying it don't fly away while doing it.
m0220.gif
I lost a couple this way and a couple more when bringing the two end together.

I couldn't even do that nowadays mate - the 'dead' fingers get in the way of everything, and holding pliers/scissors/snips is bad enough, let alone actually using them. You should see me trying to use a knife and fork - bl**dy hilarious!

Decided to do the rail looking thing coming down from the tail and along the stab side, me thinks it is some kind of aerial.

120615-1A.jpg

I have long been deliberating on how to do this and finally settled on something like this:

120615-1B.jpg

First I had to shape the steel wire correctly, I used steel as it is nice and strong and not prone to bending where you don't want it to. I then made a load of small grommet type thinks on the wire from a piece of electrical wire sleeve. The support posts are brass tubing with copper colour wire threaded through to make a loop.

120615-1C.jpg

The brass posts with the wire loops were positioned between the grommets so that I had one grommet either side of the wire. The brass tube was then pulled up the wire so that it was snug against the steel wire. When all the loops had been positioned between the grommets, I then glued the wire at the base of the brass tube in order to hold them snug against the steel wire. Once the glue was properly set the surplus wire could be snipped off.

120615-1D.jpg

It then just remained to drill out the post holes on the chopper and insert them, securing each with a dab of glue. Again once set I then positioned a grommet either side of the wee wire loop, clamping them in position with a pair of tweezers while the glue that was applied set. I then got a slightly thicker glue and dabbed a drop on the top of each post.

120615-1E.jpg

120615-1F.jpg

120615-1G.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back