**** DONE: 1/48 EC Tiger ARH - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Vic Balshaw

Major General
Jul 20, 2009
Canberra
Username: Vic Balshaw
First name: Vic
Category: Judge – Non competing
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Revell kit No 04430
Model Type: Eurocopter Tiger UHU converted to the Australian Army ARH

Extras: Southern Sky Models decal and colour sheet. Some scratch building.

As my first entry is just a couple of weeks from possible completion I've decided to forge onward with a second. For a change this one is definitely OOB with the exception of scratch building and decals required to convert it to the Aussie Army version.

The tiger ARH (Armed Reconnaissance Helicopter) was order for the Australian army to replace the Kiowas and Iroquois helicopters. The initial delivery from an order of 22 units was in 2004 and the fleet was progressively increased through to 2008 the final 18 being assembled in Australia.

The Tiger ARH is a modified and upgraded version of the Tiger HAP that has an upgraded MTR390 engines, Lockheed M299 launchers as well as a laser designator incorporated in the Strix sight for the firing of Hellfire II air-to-ground missiles. Instead of the French SNRB unguided air-to-ground rockets it uses the Belgian 70 mm (2.75 in) rockets from Forges de Zeebruges (FZ). It is also fitted with the Nexter 30mm cannon and four Stinger air-to-air missiles.

120605-1A.jpg

120605-1B.jpg

120605-1C.jpg

120605-1D.jpg

120605-1E.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great choice Vic, and an impressive machine. The only one I ever saw very close up, was the full-size, working mock-up on the set of the Bond movie, Goldeneye, and even that looked mean!

Thanks Guys.

My first sighting of these babies was here in Canberra. We were down at the lake which is smack in the middle of the city and two of these mean machines had been shipped out to do a sales demo for the politicians. It was 'no holds bar' flying and after a couple of heart stopping loops our poor old black swans had to duck heads if they wanted to keep them.

Last edited:
Some pics for you Vic, hopefully be of some help?

Attachments

• Oakey fly in Oct 2011 045.JPG
    Oakey fly in Oct 2011 045.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 312
  • Oakey fly in Oct 2011 046.JPG
    Oakey fly in Oct 2011 046.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Oakey fly in Oct 2011 048.JPG
    Oakey fly in Oct 2011 048.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Oakey fly in Oct 2011 049.JPG
    Oakey fly in Oct 2011 049.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Oakey fly in Oct 2011 063.JPG
    Oakey fly in Oct 2011 063.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 265
Thanks a bunch Andy even for that foreign body. Luckily I've heaps of detail pics and it's that pea shooter at the front that's going to give me the most headaches. So if you got something on that I'd be much obliged.

You're a good'un Bill. You wouldn't believe that I have this site flagged and never even gave it a thought to look at. Thanks mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back