**** DONE: 1/48 EC Tiger ARH - Home Country Modern Aircraft/Spitfire Marks GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice looking kit Vic. In all my magazines and web sites I've visited, I've never seen one of these built. I noticed no roundel on the helos, just the kangaroo. Is that standard now?

Geo

Checking out other Army choppers it would seem that 'yes' this is the norm when in camo livery. I have also noted that the roo can change colour depending on where it sits on the camo scheme. The RAAF and RAN still maintain the roundel as do the Army on non camo machines

Actually made a start yesterday with a bit of internal cockpit spraying and checking out modifications required, there are more than I thought tough all seem feasible. May have some pics soon.

I would never have thought these machines would be so much work!
Who in their right mind builds these things, more than once........... ooops, sorry Vic.
Oh man, I have another one in the closet....................... and want to build one other one, a SH-34!!!!!!!!!
I've lost my mind.

I noticed no roundel on the helos, just the kangaroo. Is that standard now? Geo

I think so Geo. We had 2 RAAF C-130s visit the base once in 1991 when I was still in the Air Force. Same camo scheme as those Tigers and likewise the black Roo sans roundel.

Personally the only tandem-cockpit helo design I really like is the Mil Mi 24 (and here aswell just the bubble canopied versions), but this should be a nice build anyway Vic. Gotta love that Aussie camo scheme and markings!

Last edited:
Many thanks for the kind words and your determination for me to 'get on with it.' I will endeavour to live up to your expectations.

Made a start on the instrument panels today, forgot to photo them before messing with them but basically they were just moulded with lots of bumps. Also the kit has no decals for the panels so it was up to me. I tried a few ideas but in the end I was cutting out dials from old decals and painting with the shaved end of a toothpick. This is the result.

120606-1A.jpg

120606-1B.jpg

120606-1C.jpg

As for the seats, again these are very basic and on this occasion I figured it best to go with what I have and be done with it.

120606-1D.jpg

That's it for today, time for a refill. One rock and three and half fingers……………..Cheers guys.

happy0180.gif

Thanks guys, must admit though, close up like that the panels look disastrous, but to the naked eye, almost perfect.

Good stuff Vic, and don't include halves - make it four fingers !

Would need a bigger glass Terry, or i'd have to take out the ice cube...............I have huge fingers.

Last edited:
Thanks Andy.

It's been a hard days labour today!!!! I've got the very basic cockpit together and just need to add a first aid pack behind the pilots seat. As for cockpit detail, from what I have been able to find there is not a lot to them, so I'm quite happy with what I have got and will now concentrate .on the external bits.

120607-1D.jpg

120607-1E.jpg

120607-1F.jpg

So the modifications begin. First one to tackle is the air intakes over the engine and the front of the assembly just over the gunners seat. The Aussie Tiger has what I believe is the laser designator sitting above the gunner, this is a sort of squashed ball shape that I've to scratch build, so the front end (striped triangle) has to be removed. I also have to remove one of the air intakes on the stbd side (striped box) and I also want to improve on the air intake grills on both sides (arrow)

120607-1A.jpg

120607-1B.jpg

Here you see the start of these mods, the grill is temporarily in place, these have now been removed and will not be positioned until near the end of the build. The forward intake had been cut back, this was filled later and will dry overnight and the front end has been removed.

120607-1C.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back